Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Assembly visualization

I would like to see an assembly with the jt of its components in the same way I see it in the structure manager but without entering the structure manager in order to avoid any structure modification by mistake. Is possible to have a window to see it?

10 REPLIES

Re: Assembly visualization

By default, No. That would require you to create a "Monolithic" JT. This gets even more complicated if you use configurations or options/variants where you would need a monolithic JT for each combination.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

[ Edited ]

Javiduc wrote:

I would like to see an assembly with the jt of its components in the same way I see it in the structure manager but without entering the structure manager in order to avoid any structure modification by mistake. Is possible to have a window to see it?

When you open an assembly in structure manager, Save icon is grayed out.

smt.PNG

If any changes/modifications made in the structure, the asterisk (*) symbol appears before the name in 'Structure Manager' tab and save icon become active. There you can save the changes or discard the changes by closing the structure manager tab.

smt1.PNG

Testing NX10 | NX11
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

I found that lifecycle viewer shows the 3D more or less as structure manager and I think with no risks. I prefer this method to recomend its use to some workmates in order to reduce risk, I understand you dont make changes in structure manager if you dont press save button but I prefer to avoid any risks.

[ Edited ]

Yes, It's always good to avoid risk. Depends upon the approach of individual user. Smiley Happy

Testing NX10 | NX11
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author Javiduc
‎03-28-2017 01:44 PM

I send them to TcVis Integration from Teamcenter.  It's fully functional compared to the limited tfunctionality in the Rich Client Lifecycle Viewer or Embedded Viewer in Structure Manager.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
Technical Director @ PLM World, Inc,
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging

Do I need a specific license for using TcVis or it cames with base version of TC? when I try to open a jt file from windows TcVis (or at least what I think is TcVis) tells me that no license is available. Maybe I need to purchase a different license or maybe I just need to configure it properly. Thanks

We have finished the installation of TcVis. Thank you for letting me now about this program. We didn't know we could use it. I think it can be a good tool for us.

I have seen some videos on youtube where they use TcVis to create views and data for technical sheets, assembly and installation manuals... I guess a higher license is needed for that. Has someone used it and can explain me how it works? Thanks.

TcVis has a number of peices of functionality and licenses required.  You'll likely want VisMockup but there is also a Tech Pubs function too.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
Technical Director @ PLM World, Inc,
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging

The first time I started TcVis I was hable to log in to TC and open assemblies that where inside the db.

Now I cant do the same, I dont remember how I did it (I think it was through Open menu in TcVis).

How should I do that? Is there a way to open in TcVis launching it from TC?