Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign Attribute on an item using dynamic participant value

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have struggled with workflow handlers epm-set-property and epm-set-task-result-to-property.  I am trying to capture the signoff person and assign that value to a property.  Also, using dynamic participants, can I assign a person to the dynamic object using the OOTB keywords like $USER?  I cannot seem to get it to take..

Can I take the dynamic participant value and assign that to an attribute?

1 REPLY

Re: Assign Attribute on an item using dynamic participant value

Legend
Legend

Yes, $USER can be used to assign the current signoff person as a Participant using EPM-assign-responsible-party-dynamic-participant action handler.

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.2.3/help#uid:xid1256819:index_workflow_designer:i...

All participant types coming with TC Foundation  has an equivalent compound property on the item revision.

If the participant type is a single assignee participant, User ID and GroupMember are available on the Item Revision.

If the participant type is a multiple assignee participant, only GroupMember is available on the Item Revision.

Similar behavior can be configured for custom participant types by defining compound properties using HasParticipant relation.

These participant specific properties can be reused to model the necessary behavior as required.

Mahendra