Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

BOM LINE PROP

Hi experts,

In teamcenter structure manager there is bom line property called bounding box, I heard that the value for this bounding box is fetched from , setting somethings in NX.

Can any one tell me , what i have to do in NX to get bounding box value in structure manager of teamcenter.

Thanks. 

8 REPLIES

Re: BOM LINE PROP

Hi @girish,

Have you installed the "Bounding box generation from NX" Engineering Process Management Extension in TEM?  If you have, that should be enough to get bounding box information displayed in the Bounded Boxes column of Structure Manager.

Regards, Ben

[ Edited ]

Hi @BenBroad,

Under named references of the UGMASTER dataset, I can see the 'UGPART-BBOX' form. When opened, it shows the respective values xmax,xmin etc.bb.PNG

When same item sent to the Structure Manager, There is nothing displayed under the column 'Bounding Boxes'. Is it needed to set any additional preferences for the same?

Also, irrespective of the unit of part in NX whether it is Metric or Inch. Values under UGPART-BBOX are displayed in 'Meters'. I have already referred the documentation link Structure Update Forms. Is there any way, if I have created NX part using Inch unit so that values in BBOX form should also be displayed with the same unit.

Testing NX10 | NX11| TC-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Hi BenBroad,
Thanks for response. I thought that bbox value is necessary to get proximity value box in design context module of TC.
But still i am not getting proximity box in design context.
Please let me know is there any prerequisites i need to set before using design context.

Regards
giri

Hi @Ganesh_Kadole,

Refer to the question that I posed to Girish.  Originally I was getting the same results as you and I found that I did not have "Bounding box generation from NX" installed in TEM.  Once installed the values were seen in the Bounding Boxes column.  No other preferences were changed in NX or TC.  In fact, I was originally turning on "Save True Shape" in the NX Save Options, but did not enable it in my final test to get the values to display in SM.

Regards, Ben

Hi @girish,

Are you working on imported NX data or are you creating new NX data?  Do your UGMASTER datasets contain bounding box (UGPART-BBOX) Named References?  If you imported the assemblies you'll have to generate the bounding box values in Teamcenter.

Regards, Ben

Yes ben,

I am only creating NX data , and am getting bounding box value also.
But question is about design context. Still proximity value box in design context module is not getting appeared.

Regards
Giri

I wonder if you need to generate true shape data as well?  Unfortunately I'm not familiar with the Design Context module.  Hopefully someone else will be able to answer your question, or you could try calling GTAC Teamcenter Application Support.

Regards, Ben

Thank you @BenBroad for the validation, I will check that! Smiley Happy

Testing NX10 | NX11| TC-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2