Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG? Unable to delete/modify variant options in the master item (Structure Manager)

Creator
Creator

Hello,

So I have created a master assembly, which is configurable. User gives a parameter, and the parts in the master assembly are suppressed accordingly. The resulting configured assembly is then saved to Teamcenter using a new ID number.

The problem is, that I cannot delete or modify the option from the master assembly, because it is referenced by the variant assembly that was generated using the configurable master assembly. I understand the link between the master and the variant item and consequently, I have unlinked the problematic variant from the master item (Tools -> Variants -> Unlink variant item). Still, the problem persists, as is indicated by the screenshot.

Edit: After unlinking the variant item, I also deleted its variant option ("UNIT TYPE"), but the problem still remains. I also revised the master assembly, but it did not solve the problem either.

Help would be much appreciated

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES

Re: BUG? Unable to delete/modify variant options in the master item (Structure Manager)

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Have you deleted the StoredOptionSet in 3AFP9147377? It's still referencing "UNIT TYPE" the same as 3AFP9147374.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Re: BUG? Unable to delete/modify variant options in the master item (Structure Manager)

Creator
Creator

Thanks Randy,

I have located the StoredOptionSet under the 3AFP9147377, but it cannot be deleted due to the following error:

The operation failed on one ore more of the selected objects.
The access is denied.

Does the removal require admin rights, or what is the reason this dataset cannot be deleted?

Wouldn't it be much more intuitive and user-friendly if the variant unlinking tool cuts the ties to the StoredOptionSet, as one would expect from the name 'unlink'?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You assume too much. If the behavior isn't what you expect then you'll need to file an IR w/GTAC. They will confirm the behavior w/development and either provide a work-around or escalate to an ER.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Creator
Creator

Hello again,

I have examined the problem more closely and below is some more information:

The master item and its configurable options:

1_options.png

None of the options of the master item can be edited once a configured variant item has been created (even though the variant has been unlinked already):

2_options_edit.png

The error refers to the StoredOptionSet file under the variant item:3_edit_error.png

The variant item and its StoredOptionSet file:4_variant_item.png

The file StoredOptionSet file cannot be deleted (as expected):

5_storedoptionset_delete.png

The variant item has been already unlinked:

6_unlinked_already.png

The options and variants cleaner has been performed on both master item and variant item (not sure which one is the correct, thus used in on both):

7_optionsvariants_cleaner.png

I am running out of options with this problem. Does anyone have tips or ideas how to solve this and edit the master item options once variant item has been created?

Thanks