Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocking NX Native

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hello All,

We currently have users that keep running native NX when they’re supposed to be using NX through Teamcenter. Is there a way to block this from happening, or a way to reroute native to open in Teamcenter? any information is greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Jared

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Blocking NX Native

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
You would need to modify the "Start" icon on each workstation. For instance...
Expand C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Siemens NX 11.0, right-click "NX 11.0" > Properties.
Target: change "-nx" to "-pim=yes"

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer
Thank you for the reply. This worked...but when I try to launch NX through TC, I get a license bundle error. The environment variable for licensing is correct.

I get this too. To fix it you can set it after launching NX but that's session dependent, meaning that it goes away when you close NX. To fix it permanently, you have to set it from the Start > Siemens NX 11.0 > Licensing Tools.
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Siemens NX 11.0\Licensing Tools
Select "Bundle Settings" and move the bundle name from "Available" to "Applied Bundles" and click Apply.

Pioneer
Pioneer
I did what you suggested, but still received the error. What I found out though was that it only happens with our mach1, and mach2 licenses. The mach3 is the only one that works. Would this be by design?

Possibly? It depends on what is listed in the license file. You will need to see teamcenter _author in the bundle.

Pioneer
Pioneer
None of the bundles show "teamcenter_author". I appreciate the help regarding this question.

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

"teamcenter_author" is a separate license, the MACH bundles contain the "teamcenter_designer" license, which is similar to the author license.

The "teamcenter_designer" license is valid until a "teamcenter_author" or "teamcenter_consumer" license is available, so you need "teamcenter_author" licenses for each user defined in Teamcenter, when "teamcenter_designer" gets invalid.

What is the NX system log file telling you about your problem?

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.2, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong ;)
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide

Pioneer
Pioneer

The user I am testing this out with has an author license. Here are a few errors that I get in the log file. Thank you for your help.

1.)   *** EXCEPTION: Error code  940077 in line 143 of D:\workdir\reference\NX1003_5\src\ugmr\no\ind\PDM_StandAloneTcinSession.cxx at Tue Dec 11 08:22:57 2018 Eastern Standard Time
+++ Need to have TC_ROOT/IMAN_ROOT defined to run Teamcenter Integration for NX

2.)  Error code  940077 caught in file "D:\workdir\Patches\nx1003_patch\src\ugmr\no\ind\ugmgr_session.c" at line number 1640
>>>> Error code  940077 caught in file "D:\workdir\Patches\nx1003_patch\src\ugmr\no\ind\ugmgr_session.c" at line number 1428
*** EXCEPTION: INTERNAL ERROR in line 5896 of D:\workdir\Patches\nx1003_patch\src\ugmr\no\ind\ugmgr_callbacks.c at Tue Dec 11 08:22:57 2018 Eastern Standard Time
+++ No reason number for callback reason UGII: Delete UDF Feature Record

3.) >>>> INTERNAL ERROR caught in file "D:\workdir\Patches\nx1003_patch\src\ugmr\no\ind\ugmgr_session.c" at line number 3473
Teamcenter Integration: Unable to clear callbacks during session exit received error 65
>>>> Error code  940077 caught in file "D:\workdir\reference\NX1003_5\src\syss\no\ind\System_NXStartupManager.cxx" at line number 204
Initialization of CoreElements Failed for ManifestFile nx_platform_core.cmf and library libuginit
@@@ End of session Tue Dec 11 08:23:01 2018 Eastern Standard Time

The TC_ROOT/IMAN_ROOT message indicates that NX is unable to make the Teamcenter connection but is missing information. You can set TC_ROOT as a user environment variable. You should also create:
UGII_UGMGR_COMMUNICATION=HTTP

The next error you'll see is that you're "missing the n-tier" argument - so you can add 4-tier to the end of the Target string.
%UGII_BASE_DIR%\NXBIN\ugraf.exe -nx 4-tier

Here are some other helpful switches that should be used...
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help#uid:launch_four_tier_commandline
–http_url=http://annpc38:7001/tc

If launch is successful then the user will be prompted to login. Or you can provide the username and password to the ugraf command also...
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11/nx_help#uid:id1299844

Keep us posted.