Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cache server configuration

Unable to generate cache at cache server location after a sucessfull installation and required configuration of cache server as Master-Slave FSC.

Steps i've performed

1.Installation of Master FSC

2.Installation of Slave FSC

3.Entry of Slave FSC into Master using update FMS master

4.Configured SlaveFSCxml file to create wholefilecache at local folder

Can any one please suggest me if i'm missing anything.

If i'm entirely wrong please suggest me the steps to do so.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Cache server configuration

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Your process looks correct but is really high-level. For instance, you should use the same domain\user account for each FSC since they span several computers. A local account is unique to each machine and will cause permission issues when sharing across the network.

Feel free to attach your FMS Master xml, Backup.xml (from backup_xmlinfo), FSC Master xml and FSC Slave xml if you want more help.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Hello Randy,

I've attached  all the files you asked.Please review and let us know if anything more is needed.

Can you explain in detail what will be the expected outcome of successful cache generation.And is it necessary to have a local volume for the cache server

Thanks in advance.

Anudeep Reddy

Quick follow-up question about the server landscape...
Are both servers (FSI2WKS243651, FSI2WKS13391) in the same physical location, the same data center (lan)?
Or are the in separate data centers (wan)?
I can provide a better recommendation if this is known as its not obvious from the files.

Hi Randy,

Both the machines FSI2WKS243651, FSI2WKS13391 are in the same physical location and in same LAN.

Thanks in advance,

Anudeep Reddy

Since both servers are in the same data center (no wan traffic) and you are configuring a whole file cache (no tuning required) then there isn't much to be done. Keep in mind that even though you specify a whole file cache that some files, like JT, require a segment cache (streaming). You don't have to set this up as the FSC will automatically do it for you. Transient volume definiton looks good.

I'm attaching a revised version of your FMS Master for if the servers were not in the same data center just as an exercise.

Hi Randy,

I was checking the log files of slave(FSC_slave_sachin_machinestdoutstdout.log) and master(FSC_FSI2WKS243651_master_fscstdout.log)   for the status of the FSC but i found some error reports.

Can you help us out.

Thanks in advance

Anudeep Reddy.

I think you grabbed the slave stdout log before it has completely started. I don't see the line:
Server Initialization successful, server is started.

Also, it looks like you've modified the slave FSC to include a volume:
volume 0da15b2a7fdd8fedb143(\\fsi2wks13391\VOLUME2) write/read/content verified.

Which probably means your FMS Master has changed since you last posted it. I'm not able to find a "myfsc" reported in the master FSC stdout:
Admin FSC 'myfsc' not found.:com.teamcenter.fms.servercache.FMSWebHandlerRoot.handle(FMSWebHandlerRoot.java:654) com.teamcenter.fms.servercache.FMSWebHandlerRoot

Which is likely specified in your new FMS Master. Can you attach your FMS Master?

All the other ERROR and WARN messages in both master/slave FSC stdout are normal.

We attached the updated FMS_Master file after creating the local volume.Also included the stdout.logs of master and slave. We tried creating many datasets and accessing older datasets aswell, but there is no effect on size of whole file cache.

Can we find datasets in the wholefile cache when cache is genreated ?

In line no 32 of fscstdout.log we have the following ERROR in both the stdout logs
The configured v100 encryption key is the default key:com.teamcenter.fms.servercache.FMSServerCache.initTicketingAndEncryption(FMSServerCache.java:423) com.teamcenter.fms.servercache.FMSServerCache

Can you help us with this error.

Thanks in advance
Anudeep Reddy

You've created two fsc groups but haven't taken advantage of any of the fsc group settings that I outlined in my post last Thursday (fmsmaster_FSC_FSI2WKS243651_master_fsc.zip)?

Your slave FSC is now performing three separate functions:
1. A local volume
2. A fast cache
3. A whole file cache

By default, a client (FCC) will talk directly to a volume. Understanding the usage and expected behavior is critical to adjusting this configuration to achieve the performance objectives.

As stated previously, the encryption key errors are benign and can be ignored (unless you're using multisite where multiple enterprise id's are combined in a single FMS Master).