Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking for an object being already submitted to a workflow

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

In Teamcenter 12 I'm trying to add a workflow condition to check if an object has already been submitted to the workflow.

I've been given a workflow query developed by a colleague for an earlier Teamcenter version that is checking for EPMTasks that already have the object 'related' using the attachments reference, however it's not working. If I use the PrintObject view I find that both attachments, and attachment_types are null.

In BMIDE I find that the attachments reference is deprecated in 11.1 and is replaced by relations such as Fnd0EPMTarget. However I can't find any mention of a Fnd0EPMTarget relation property on EPMTask.

Has anyone got this check working for Teamcenter 12 or can suggest why it's not working.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Checking for an object being already submitted to a workflow

Phenom
Phenom

Hi Steve,

If you cant get a query working then one method i use is to have an integer property managed by an external lov. When an object is added to the workflow set it to a value. Also set this value to null when the object is removed from the workflow. You could set it to 1 at the start of the workflow, 2 when objects are added later etc. This method is then useful to get back to the original target objects of the workflow.

For it to work for you, you would have to have moved all targets to refs, then add your new objects as targets and run a query against your targets to check your property value though.

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Re: Checking for an object being already submitted to a workflow

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

Hi Rich,

Good to hear from you.

Sorry for the late reply but I'm now in a position to tryout your syuggestion.

Could you email me (ellis.stephen@siemens.com) with your email address in case I have any further questions which I suspect that I'll have .

Thanks,

Steve