Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Classification: How can we classify an item (or ItemRevision) with a status

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi everybody,

all is on my title! Smiley Happy

Since some years ago, we use the classification module to classify our tools. But until end of 2016, our tools have no Status on the Revision.

Now, we would manage with status the state of each revision and since this "business" modification, we cannot classify.

Do you know which preferences or other things we need ?

Thank you

Teamcenter 11.2.3

PLM Technical IT
2 REPLIES

Re: Classification: How can we classify an item (or ItemRevision) with a status

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

My guess is: 'Write Classification ICOs' access is denied in the system ACL (also called AM Rule tree). This would prevent statused itemrevisions from getting classified.

Sounds like ItemRevision is choosen as the classifiable type in your case (you are unable to classify a statused item revision). A way out would be to revise and create a workable itemrevision (understand that would mean a dummy change order etc) and then adjust the classification.

A practice (I call it as a practice as it is subjective and some may find it unacceptable/debatable) is to allow 'write classification ICO' access to a highly controlled administrator group in your TC organization. This helps users to 'adjust' the classification in exceptional cases.

Statusing itemrevision would not have impacted the classification if classifiable type is set to 'Item', but does open a big box of technical/business questions around audit, traceability and so on.

IMHO, it is generally a business decision to choose Item vs ItemRevision as classifiable type.

Harish

Re: Classification: How can we classify an item (or ItemRevision) with a status

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you!

I'm on IT site, I will look with the responsible of the Manufacturing classification which practice is the best.

BR

PLM Technical IT