Your question is unclear. Are you referring to:
1) Importing a CAD assembly and then having Teamcenter generate and attach JTs for every model?
2) Importing a JT structure? If so, is it monolithic or is polylithic?
The answer depends on your clarified question.
Sorry the first one you mentioned I mean.
I use NX and I don't know which one will generate Jt files. NX or Teamcenter.
But as I have a large assembly it's time consuming to create and import Jt files one by one
You have multiple options after importing the assembly:
1) Open the NX asembly. Pick Save. Assuming that your Customer Defaults are set to "Save JT" at save, this will happen on your computer inline automatically while saving.
2) Submit a Disptacher Translation Request for 'pvtojt' translator for the top level assembly. It will generate the JTs on the Dispatcher server in the background asynchronously. This assumes that you have Disptacher running.
3) Do an NX Refile on the data using the option for generating JT files.
Thank you Larry
1- Not in customer defaults but I set assembly Save options to save JT at save. NX only creates JT for assembly file and not for components.
2- I don't know anything about Dispatcher
3- I should try NX refile and say what happens.
Thank you Larry,
Finally the problem solved. I set the save options to save JT and then I used Forced Save All to generate JT files.