A part item Nr.1 has a valid revision and a designer has been working in a different concept of the part in the revision of a part item Nr.2
Now we would like to incorporate the design that he has done as a new revision of the item Nr. 1
Is it possible? As far as I know, based on the revision of the item Nr.2, I can only create a new revision of the item Nr.2 of a new item Nr.3
Solved! Go to Solution.
See if this fits your requirements:
1. Revise Item Nr.1 with "Do not copy" deep copy rule
2. Cut/Copy Dataset from ItemRev Nr.2 to new revision of Item Nr.1
Our TC environment is tailored so that we cannot revise without copying. Changing this behaviour is not a possibility now.
In some dummy parts I have tried to delete the Part Nr1 datasets and then copy the Part Nr2 datasets to it. But when changing the name of the pasted datasets in the Part Nr1 to match with the rest of revisions, the Part Nr2 datasets are renamed too. I'm not sure if the referenced files are then shared by both parts or not.
Careful, you've made a link to the existing file instead of creating a new file. You can tell by selecting the dataset and doing a where referenced. Both Part Nr1 and Part Nr2 (dummy parts) will show in the results. Bad. To fix it, cut the dataset from Part Nr2. Then go to Part Nr1 and rename the dataset to match.
Can you replace the Named Reference? On Part Nr2, open Named References, select the file and Export (C:\Temp). Then on Part Nr1, open Named References, Import and select the file from C:\Temp. Cut the old Part Nr1 from Named References.
If this doesn't work because of permissions, like with the previous suggested "do not copy" approach, then you'll need to ask your Teamcenter admin to perform the task.
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
It worked as per your instructions.
Here below the sequence for creating the new revision (with drawing):
1) Part Nr2. Open Named references, export all required datasets. I renamed them in the Temp folder (maybe not necessary)
2) Part Nr1. Open Named references, cut the current datasets and import those exported to the Temp folder.
3) Open the Part Nr1 drawing. Note that the Part Nr2 UGMASTER appears as a component of the Part Nr1 drawing. This is not OK.
4) Replace component and choose the Part Nr1 UGMASTER.
Regards and thanks,