Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer issue between NX and Teamcenter

Creator
Creator

Hello everyone,

I am currently working in a project in which I have to machine one of the parts that belong to a product. The BOM structure of the product has been defined in Teamcenter 10 and the CAD design has been done with NX 10. The CAM process is being defined in NX through the Teamcenter integration and the resulting datasets for the machine, tools, list of tools, list of operations, CNC code, etc., are correctly generated with NX. In addition, a copy of all the information regarding the CAM process is stored on a temporal file on the hard drive of the client.

Temp folder 2.JPG

However, when the time comes to save and import these datasets into Teamcenter, the only information that is transfer into the system is the CAD for the machining process and the machine, no other CAD or dataset is sent or included in the BOM structure. 

TC Part Planner view.JPG

Do you know how can I solve this issue or what could be causing it? I will appreciate any help you could provide me with.

Thank you for your time.

5 REPLIES

Re: Data transfer issue between NX and Teamcenter

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You might want to look at Multi Field Key(MFK) Item Types.  It was introduced I think in release 10.  You can link multiple CAD items to a have the same Item ID and label it with an Identifier.

regards

Paul

Creator
Creator

Thank you Paul, I will look into that solution for the CAD files, but NX doesn't import either other kind of dataset generated in the manufacturing process.

My main problem right know is that NX should be storing all those datasets generated by the manufacturing process into Teamcenter, but it doesn't fully do it. Which means that NX should export the CNC code, the tools, the operations, the machine, the list of operations, the list of tools, the manufacturing operation, etc., into the BOM and BOP that exists in Teamcenter, however it only stores this datasets in the hard drive.

It should look more or less like these two images:

BOM.JPGBOM2.JPG

But what I have is this:

BOM3.JPG

As you can see I am missing most of the files. How can I make NX import all the files generated in the process into Teamcenter?

Regards,

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Can you manually add the Dataset into TC. as a test.  And if so does the proper TC Tool recognize your file.

I don't use NX, but when adding to TC have you set your parameters for these additional datasets.

regards

Creator
Creator

No I haven't, I am new to TC and have only configure the integration with NX following the instructions provided by siemens. How can I set these parameters?

Regards,

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When you had TC implemented, did you map out all of your different types of data that would be associated with the Item/Item Revision.  It seems they just focused on the CAD side of it.  Did your reseller help with your implementation?

I did a google search and found this

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/How-to-add-new-dataset-type-t...

regards

Paul