cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Datasets in alphabetical order

Creator
Creator

Hi, is there any preference to have all the datasets included in one Item with alphabetical order

11 REPLIES

Re: Datasets in alphabetical order

Hello Malmi,

Try performing a search for datasets and order the results using their names column header control bar.

Creator
Creator

Hi Ramón, what i need is to have that alphabetical order when I paste 10 elements with the same relation. I can use Details tab to order them but i want that directly

Sorry, my answer was not helpful at all.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
One little used feature of Teamcenter is cut/paste. You can use the details tab to order by name then select, cut and paste. Teamcenter will order them as they were selected. However, the default paste relation needs to be modified before the operation then reset after the operation. Assuming all relations are the same of course. Good luck!

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Creator
Creator

hi,

unfortunately it don't work, here you can see one Example

paste_alpahbetical.jpg

Capture.PNG

My Teamcenter instance is letting me alter the position of items in the folder and then the order is maintained when copying takes place. 

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Select the "Data Docs" folder on the left and go to the "Details" pane on the right. Click one of the columns to sort the contents, like Item ID. Select the top line in Details and shift-click the bottom line in Details. Now cut/select the "Data Docs" folder again and paste. The contents will be pasted as they were sorted.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hello Randy,

Yes, that seems to be a solution, but somehow it is working differently in his instance. It is also possible to directly select the contents and they will have the same order in the clipboard, but not for him.

Creator
Creator

Hello,

yes that’s the problem it don’t paste in the same order i have in the clipboard