cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Webbrowser für Teamcenter-Hilfe

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hallo,

wie lässt sich in Teamcenter realisieren, dass als Webbrowser für die Hilfe-Funktion  Firefox verwendet wird?

Obwohl auf Betriebssystemebene (Windows 7) Firefox als Default Webbrowser eingestellt ist, 

wird die Hilfe in Teamcenter mit dem Internet Explorer geöffnet, der leider immer abstürzt.

Hat jemand Erfahrungen damit und kann mir helfen?

Danke

G. Hammer

3 REPLIES

Re: Default Webbrowser für Teamcenter-Hilfe

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

To make things easier for users not being able to read German, I will answer in English Smiley Wink

If the default browser is configured correctly, the help will open in Firefox.

I just tested this, since I have set Firefox as the default too, and it worked as expected.

Have you tried to set Firefox as the default through the settings dialog of Firefox?

Have you checked control panel to have Firefox set as the default application for all its file types and protocolls?

See the areas marked with blue in the attached images.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

It is working!

The second image you sent did it: Even if you change the default program in the control panel to firefox it is still not changed in the firefox preferences. Changing this solves the problem.

Thanks for your help.

G.Hammer

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

The default program only associates the file extensions registered to the browser.

The setting inside of the browser also does this for the protocols, like HTTP.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community