cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting files that are synchronized

Experimenter
Experimenter

I have a few files I would like to delete from the database. How do I go about doing that when the file has been synced? Maybe I am asking this th ewrong way as the error I get says : YOU CANNOT DELETE THE MASTER COPY OF A REPLICATED OBJECT.

I remember from earier version that there were steps you needed to take to get the dupicate removed and then the file would delete.  Can anyone here give me some advice on how to do this. I have delete capabilities so I know it is not permission settings.

Any help I can get for this task would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

4 REPLIES

Re: Deleting files that are synchronized

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

You have to delete the repilcas at remote sites then run "datasync -f=verify -update" to remove the exports records from the master objects. Once the export records are removed then you can delete the files normally.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you, I figured I would have to have the replica delteted... . I am in NY, the database that syncs with us is in Germany. My file is the master... theirs is the replica. Is there a way to do this remotely?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Nope. You have to be logged into their database in order to search, find and delete the replica. You can instruct someone from Germany to do it or, if your company is like mine, you can RDP into the Admin workstation located in Germany to perform the task yourself. An admin will still need to run the data_sync utility against the Item to remove the export records from the master.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thank you.