Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Disable the Custom Property in Summary Stylesheet

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello Experts,

I was trying to disable (non-editable) the custom property in a custom page of Summary View. But in siemens documentation I saw that modifiable="false" works only for owning_user & owning_group. Can anyone help me out in making the custom property non-editable through stylesheet configuration?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Disable the Custom Property in Summary Stylesheet

Phenom
Phenom

From memory, I think you can add renderingHint="label" to the property.  For example:

<property name="ie4_DESCRIPTION" renderingHint="label"/>

Richard

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

Careful, this doesn't make the property itself uneditable, it just makes it display as read-only in the stylesheet.

User can still modify using other means, e.g. BOMLine edit, "Edit Properties", "Properties" view, Authoring systems etc. etc. 

For a true access-controlled property, you'll have to do something like move the property to a custom form, and apply AM rules to that form. (You can still use compound properties and other tricks to get is displayed wherever you need it.)

Phenom
Phenom

@SauravNag1 wrote:

Hello Experts,

Can anyone help me out in making the custom property non-editable through stylesheet configuration?

@SauravNag1 Did my 'label' suggestion work?  I'm pretty sure there is a stylesheet for 'Edit Properties' as well, so you would need to make the change there as well.  Modifying through Structure Manager is only issue if you have compounded the property to the BOMLine.

If like @TheGAP suggests you actually want to lock the ability to change a particular property, then you could do as he suggests or make changes in BMIDE to the Property Constant which would just allow workflows to modify the value.

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Richard,

Adding renderingHint="label" to the property works for displaying property values which are single valued.

Any other rendering hint for displaying property values which are multi valued( isArray = true ).

Karthik