cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dispatcher commissioning

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Hi everyone,

I installed the dispatcher server and client on a server 2012 R2 with foundation server, db and rich client thus all standalone. All three services start normally and are ready to use. When I want to use the msofficetopdf OOTB converter the result file won't be created. The second problem is that the tozipfile converter is shown as available in the running dispatcher module console but is not available in the rich client. As far as I can see it the preferences are set correctly and the transaltors are activated in the translator.xml. Furthermore I saw in the log file that "An SQL data change is not permitted for a read-only connection, user or database" but the permissions are also set on NTFS level. Attached you'll find the occured logs. Thanks in advance.

12 REPLIES

Re: Dispatcher commissioning

Phenom
Phenom
I would first recomment setting log to Debug level by editing log4j.xml in DispatcherClient\conf directory.
<logger name="Task">
<level value="DEBUG"/>
<appender-ref ref="TaskAppender"/>
<appender-ref ref="TaskConsoleAppender"/>
</logger>

Your DC log shows at line 7 that result file was stored in task folder "Uc60a5222458bfc62411e6". however, at 84 it says that the file is being searched at "Uc60a5222458bfc62411e6\result". Make sure result file is stored at right location.

Also make sure the user (who has read/write access) is correctly set in Service.Properties

#
# Tc.User
# The Teamcenter user that Dispatcher Client will log in as. Also referred to
# as the DC Proxy User. The DC Proxy User should not be the installation
# administrative user (e.g infodba) since at least one access rule will be
# added specifically for the DC Proxy User.
#
# This property must be specified such that it applies to all Services.
#
# Service.Tc.User=<DC proxy user ID>
#

#
# Tc.Group
# The Teamcenter group to log in as. This must be the dba group. The
# TS Proxy User must be a member of the dba group.
#
# This property must be specified such that it applies to all Services.
#
# Service.Tc.Group=dba
#

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Search Tc preferences for *tozip*. One of the prefs show which workspace objects can be sent to the tozip translator. By default, only Word and WordX are specified. You'll need to include other datasets types as appropriate for your test.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Solution Partner Creator

Hi, I'm sorry for my late response and thanks for the hint but I already tried it with the dataset wordx and as you said the preferences are set to word and wordx for the preview and tozipfile translation service. Anyway the tozip translator isn't available and the preview translator won't work. So what could be the cause that I'm not able to start the tozipfile translator? I have absolutely no idea.

Solution Partner Phenom
It's time to turn off the services and run the scheduler, module, dispatcher client in command windows. Configure them all for DEBUG before starting. It's the only way you're going to get to the root cause. Since tozip isn't working, you have a configuration issue(s).

Solution Partner Creator

I did it as you said. The 3 services are running as command tasks on debug level and I think I found the problem. The dispatcher module is not able to read the translator.xml because of missing permissions. On NTFS level the permissions are set to full control to everyone to get sure. So where's the problem? I also attached the log for the module.

Solution Partner Creator

Hello, the 3 services are running as command tasks on debug level and I think I found the problem. The dispatcher module is not able to read the translator.xml because of missing permissions. On NTFS level the permissions are set to full control to everyone to get sure. So where's the problem? I also attached the log for the module.

Solution Partner Phenom
I don't think you're in DEBUG mode (you have INFO set). And the module is running fine.

Always read the log from the bottom up since the last thing to happen is at the bottom of the log.
The error about translator.xml was on 2017-03-07 14:44:57
The latest start was successful on 2017-04-06 14:36:29
Which shows "Module is ready for the tasks."
The scheduler log will show "Module is connected". What does the DC log show?

My best guess, with no information to base it on, is that you have an issue with the staging directory. Often happens when UNC paths are used. UNC paths don't work when running batch scripts (translators) so the Module needs to have a mapped (or local) drive. DC can support UNC path to the staging dir.

Solution Partner Creator
Hi,

now the log level is set to DEBUG for process and task and I adjusted it for all three dispatcher components. However, there are still INFO lines in the logs.

[cid:image001.png@01D2B2E1.7E2BA160]

I attached the logs and the exported preferences.

Beste Grüße

Walter Rosenberger

it4e GmbH
Ettishofer Straße 8
88250 Weingarten
T 0049 751 569685 22
F 0049 751 569685 99
M 0049 151 61313372
E walter.rosenberger@it4e.de
W it4e.de

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Weingarten
Amtsgericht Ulm HRB 733297
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Bucher, Sebastian Burgdorf, Mathias Heil
USt-ID: DE305399934

[www.it4e.de]

Solution Partner Phenom
Your images and attachments didn't make the post. Try again?