cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display 3D assembly in Teamcenter

Creator
Creator

Hello Community,

I created JTs of the components and a assembly file with Solid Edge, imported them into Teamcenter, but at the moment Teamcenter does not display the assembled part in the right way. It just display the the single components without the coordination information of the assembly. See in the attchaments.

In Teamcenter all (components and assembled part) Designs have the JT file as "DirectModel" with the Reference Type "Rendering".

Is there an mistake in saving JT or in the creation of the Designs and Direct Models in Teamcenter?

Or is it not possible?

Because I read the post from last year: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/how-to-view-3D-assembly-in-te...

So if the post is correct and I have to create a monolithic JT for the assembly level, I always have to update the monolithic file if I change something in the geometric in the part level?

Is there no possibility to attach a jt file just with the coordinate informations of all parts at the assembly level?

I hope there are not to much questions in one post which makes it difficult to understand. Otherwise do not hesitate to aks questions.

Best regards

Stefan

6 REPLIES

Re: Display 3D assembly in Teamcenter

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Do you open the structure in the viewer?

If you don't open the structure the positions will be wrong.

You also have to make sure that a structure object is available in Teamcenter for that assembly.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX12.0

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Creator
Creator

Hey Stefan,

I am not sure what you me by opening the structure in the viewer.

Can you describe how can I do that, then I can tell you if I do or not.

By structure object you mean a JT file from the assembly?

I have a JT file but it is not a monolithic. It is the assembly file which is created with the options Full shattert. Or do you mean something different? 

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

BOMobject.PNG

Do you have the object shown above, which is the assembly object that you open in the structure viewer by double-clicking it.

This will allow you to display the assembly structure as it was uploaded to Teamcenter, correctly positioned.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Creator
Creator

Yes, I open the asyembly object by double clicking on view.

I think that my JTs do not have any coordinate information .So I thought that I import the assembly JT as well, but also with the assembly JT the parts are not displayed in the right position.

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Have you saved the SE assembly in Teamcenter through SE?

This should also create the correct positioning information in Teamcenter.

Creator
Creator

Unfortunately not because we do not integrate SE in Teamcenter.

At the moment I did not linked the assembly design with an JT file. instead I changed by hand the transformation matrix in the structure manager at Teamcenter. It helps to display assembly product is displayed in the correct way.