Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Document Management

Just getting started/testing in TC nxmanager.

How do you structure and save into Tc a Purchased assembly?

We purchase item 123-456 which is a ball valve,

We have created the components 123-456_body.prt and 123-456_ball.prt and the assembly 123-456.prt

When saving this into TC do we need to create Items and revisions for all the components?

or can we just somehow have them all; body, ball and assemlby as part of the same item and revision.

Yes they need to stay separte component files for use in arangments and may be used in exploded views.

Production: NX 11, TC11.2.3
6 REPLIES

Re: Document Management

Separate Items for each component.

Thank you,

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
IT Architect, CAxPLM Applications - Siemens Molecular Imaging
Vice Technical Director, Board of Directors - PLM World, Inc.

This message and any attachments are solely for the use of intended recipients. The information contained herein may include trade secrets, protected health or personal information, privileged or otherwise confidential information. Unauthorized review, forwarding, printing, copying, distributing, or using such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you received this email in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete the message and any attachment from your system. Thank you for your cooperation

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Hello,

I want to start the document management for my office. I never do that thing before. So could you help me out how can I do this with my files and data???

We usually make an unassociative wavelink to store all geometry in just one prt file. In our case this is perfectly valid because we seldom have to move components inside a purchased assembly. Sometimes we have to, in those cases we use move object command to move bodies inside the single prt file. We find this approach quite useful because we avoid to create a lot of files that we would have to update, revise... we only make revision of the item that contains the assembly prt file. 

Dear Madam/sir,

May I know if any specific regulatory guidances for the industry are available on document management system/software apart from 21 CFR Part 11.

Thanks and regards,

Hello,

May I know if any specific regulatory guidances for the industry are available on document management system/software apart from 21 CFR Part 11. 

Thanks and regards,

In general, Technical Publications use either S1000D or DITA (OASIS). There are several, industry specific, specifications like the one you mention for the FDA. Cortona RapidAuthor is a good choice w/Teamcenter.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2