Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Multiple Documents

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I am a Teamcenter newbie so forgive my lack of technical knowlege Smiley Happy

I have to get drawings and documents out of a Teamcenter 9.1 in a project by project basis. Each of these projects may have 200 - 1500 of these drawings and documents to extract. Previously I was working with Synergis Adept where this task was simple, you could search for the project and download all of the documents in a zip file. Now that the business I am working with has moved to Teamcenter this is not so simple.

I have talked to my local admin on a way to do this and he has said the only way is to go in the back end of teamcenter, which I cannot do. I did find a half solution by changing my options so that documents downloaded on check out, but when there is a released flag this removed the option to select all and checkout.

So, basically what im looking for is an easy way to download multiple files at once. 

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Alistair

6 REPLIES

Re: Downloading Multiple Documents

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

You can export models, drawings, etc., using PLMXML: Tools→Export→To PLMXML. Select "unconfiguredDataFileExport" as the Transfer Mode and you will get all of the files out in a single folder along with an XML file that contains information about your selection.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Creator
Creator

Thanks for the info. In our TC my Role is Creator so I am getting an error message when I attempt this. I will look to get the privalages for this.

Cheers,

Alistair

Creator
Creator

Hi again,

I have just got someone to test this on TC 9.1 and they said it didn't allow them to download the files. 

Could this possibly be because their TC admins have disabled the feature? Or is it not available in 9.1? Im pretty sure they have export rights.

Cheers,

Alistair

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

What's the end use?  What are you doing with 1500 drawings that are now uncontrolled?

Creator
Creator

They are being moved to a different Teamcenter in another country, watermarked with export control codes, then restructured. Here we service products form multiple locations so we restucture the documents into a way that engineers here are familiar with.

The person doing this job before me was getting these documents one by one which is incredibly inefficient. I dont want to be doing this if I can avoid it. I thought that if I am able to search multiple ItemId's at once then there must be a way to easily download them.

As I mentioned before I am new to this software. 

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You should look into Teamcenter's briefcase functionality or multisite for data transfer to the remote site.  Especially since this is export control data - it would be preferrable to keep it within the security data model - otherwise you can't guarantee unathorized exports once the data is no longer under access control and electronic audit.