Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPM-create-sub-process - Hide subprocess icon in workflow viewer(during workflow execution)

Creator
Creator

I'm using epm-create-sub-process on a 'status task - complete action'

During workflow execution, in workflow viewer, a subprocess icon gets displayed.. with an arrow to task which initiates this subprocess..[icon attached subprocess icon & handler placement, argumentsubprocess icon & handler placement, argument

Is there a way to turn off / hide this icon?

There are other workflow templates in our environment where it is not displayed.. however handler placement, arguments everything is same.

I am wondering why is the behavior different and can it be controlled?

4 REPLIES

Betreff: EPM-create-sub-process - Hide subprocess icon in workflow viewer(during workflow execution)

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Question: Why you would hide this link? IMHO this subprocess icon is a must to follow all steps follow the template tasks.

Michael
Teamcenter UA | NX CAD

Betreff: EPM-create-sub-process - Hide subprocess icon in workflow viewer(during workflow execution)

Creator
Creator

We had to introduce subprocess as a temporary fix for an OOTB issue  in TC 11.3

We want to hide subprocess to make sure our end-users don't panic assuming something drastic has changed.

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

So far as I know, there is no switch to hide the icon that that indicates something is running in a subprocess.

You said in one of your process templates this subprocess icon are not displayed in the workflow viewer. Does the Handler EPM-create-sub-process is placed in the start action more than once?

Michael
Teamcenter UA | NX CAD

Creator
Creator

No, it is on complete action.

However I figured out; there is no way to hide the subprocess icon but we can shift it to root task of main workflow (start of workflow) and that's what is happening in other workflow.

My findings- if we are not modifying targets of parent task(which is initiating subprocess) in subprocess, icon shifts to start task of main workflow.

Thus key points to shift subprocess icon to start task

1. use -relation & -multiple_processeses argument

2. pass in your targets to subprocess indirectly.