Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enovia PLM to Teamcenter 11.4 Migration

Experimenter
Experimenter

Dear Experts,

We have a large automotive client that currently uses two PLM systems. 

1.) Enovia along with CATIA 

2) SAP PLM along with Creo and NX

The plan is to migrate both CAD data and meta-data from Enovia and SAP-PLM to Teamcenter 11.4

Can someone please highlight the best approcah to migrate the CAD data and metadata and utilities from Teamcenter that can be used for this complexe migration.

I understand IPS_DATA_UPLOAD can be used for creating meta-data but what about CAD data from Enovia and SAP-PLM.What utilities can I use for this complex migration. Appreciate your advice.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Enovia PLM to Teamcenter 11.4 Migration

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, I cannot be sure that this is applicable in your case, but look also at
Teamcenter Integration Framework

https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/Teamcenter-Integration-Framew...

Experimenter
Experimenter
Thanks ArthurRM but I believe TcIF is more as a connector between two disparate PLM systems.I might be wrong but the reading the thread you mentioned seems to suggest so. Our client plans to phase-out existing Enovia, SAP- PLM and migrate to Teamcenter. I was wondering what tools can be used.
Highlighted

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Migrating data requires that the data be exported from the existing systems in an appropriate format so that it can be imported in the target system. In other words, an integration. Very few sites can put up with a big-bang migration where the data may take several months to transition to the new system. And the delta imports to get the latest data since users will continue to use the old system(s) while the transition is under-way. More sites choose an "as-needed" approach which relies on an integration. The best tool I've found for these kinds of integrations is eQube MI (note, eQube BI is used for Teamcenter Reporting and Analytics).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks Randy and Arthur for your input. In our discussion with the client we understood that the plan is to migrate data from Enovia 3dx and SAP-PLM in to Teamcenter based on programs. That means we first start with programs that are closed or no longer used in the legacy PLM system and then migrate it to TC.

Yes, there are going to be issues wherein the users will continue to make changes to part data in legacy systems and we need to figure out how to get them in Teamcenter while the migration is under way so maybe some kind of intergration is needed.

My other question was how to get the CAD data from these two systems in Teamcenter (CAD and metadata)

What kind of utilities available (commercial) or OOTB that will help in migration

Legacy : CATIA v5 and 3DX

Target : Teamcenter 11.4 and CATIA5

Legacy: Creo and SAP-PLM

Target: Teamcenter 11.4 and Creo

Our present Teamcenter setup has TCIC,iPEM, and NX integrations.

Appreciate your advice