Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error creating WAR file: Active Workspace client application deployment file creation has failed

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hello,

I am installing Active Workspace 2.3 on a TC9 client machine and am receiving this error: Error creating WAR file: Active Workspace client application deployment file creation has failed! Command D\PLM\TCUA91\aws2\stage\gwtcompile.cmd has returned with status: 1AWS.PNG

This is the last step in the TEM to create the WAR.file and I have tried troubleshooting the best I can, but not getting past this error. 

I have attached the logs and also the gwtcompile.cmd text for anyone to look at. 

I appreciate any help and support for this issue

Thanks!

8 REPLIES

Re: Error creating WAR file: Active Workspace client application deployment file creation has failed

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

That is a really old version with stability issues and a lot of installation gotchas. Try a newer version (AW3.3+) and the new Distribution Center as it will help you deploy AW correctly and with a LOT less hassle and configuration.

I think 2.3 required that you have internet access to compile the war.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: Error creating WAR file: Active Workspace client application deployment file creation has failed

Hey Randy,

I am testing this for a customer that uses the old version of AW and they are moving to new servers.

I am aware of all the issues that they carry, but the customer was not interested in upgrading, so need to figure out how to get this working so I can deploy the same steps on their enviromnet when I am done testing on mine.

I have internet access so I am not sure why I am getting a failure during the creation..

Solution Partner Phenom
You attached the 'D:\PLM\TCUA91\aws2\stage\gwtcompile.cmd in your first post. Can you attach the build log %AWC_STAGE_DIR%\gwtcompile.log? It may contain more information. Also validate your versions of Java and Maven and compatible with AW 2.3. They were very restrictive in 2.3.

The gwtcompile.log was not generated.

I have the correct versions for both java and maven:

java - 1.7.0_79

Maven - 3.0.5

Those are both listed in the installation documentation as being the compatible versions.

Solution Partner Phenom

Are you on Tc9.1.3.1 or greater? The installation order is very specific for AW 2.3. Attached are what I can find which isn't much for versions this old...

AW23-Order.PNG

Randy,

Yes I installed the TC9 base and then upgraded it to TC9.1.3.1 as the instructions required.

I did get this warning in the TEM when I just tried rerunning it:

Name: Internet Connectivity Check

Description:
Checking the internet access to the Maven repository.

Analysis:
Unable to establish an internet connection to the Maven repository: http://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2/. Connectivity to the Maven repository is necessary to build the Active Workspace WAR file. If you have a proxy, please ensure that you have defined it in the Maven settings.xml file.

Elapsed Time: 0:00:21
Test Result: Warning

I went to the internet options and got the proxy information for the server and plugged it into the settings.xml, but it is still giving me this warning...

Solution Partner Phenom
That's the issue and I don't know how to fix it. Interesting that you have Maven 3 installed and TEM is trying to connect to the Maven 2 repository.

Highlighted

Hi Jim,

We are also facing the same issue, is this issue resolved for you?, could you please provide the details for the same