Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while deploying BMIDE template in Teamcenter 12

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

When I deploy the template, I have connected successfully. However, the error's dialog will display after I click "Finish". The capture as below

Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 9.26.09 PM.png

I have checked the status of Teamcenter FSC Service FSC_xxx_infodba. It's still running.

I'm working with TC on my virtual machine, Windows 10 Pro.

Please take a look at my issue. How can I fix this error???

Thanks all in advance. :)

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Error while deploying BMIDE template in Teamcenter 12

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
This looks like a transient volume issue. Run backup_xmlinfo and compare backup.xml to your FMS Master for transient volume id and location. Then adjust the Tc preferences to match. Lots of others threads on here about it.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Randy,

Thanks for your answer.

After I run backup_xmlinfo, the command prompt displays and disappears immediately. :(

I have run tc_profilevars.bat to fix the issue when backup_xmlinfo doesn't run as my expectation.

Can we have other solution to compare backup.xml to my FMS Master for transient volume id and location?

Thank you so much. :)

The backup_xmlinfo utility needs to be run from a Teamcenter command window. The best way to get a Tc cmd window is to run TC_ROOT\tc_menu\<instance>_<server>.bat on the foundation server then type the command for the utility. If the utility fails for some reason then you will be shown the reason and the window will not close. The backup_xmlinfo utility cannot be run directly without Teamcenter being sourced first. To manually source without calling the tc_menu script first then open a command window (on the server where TC_BIN lives) and type:
SET TC_ROOT=E:\Siemens\PRD\TCROOT11
SET TC_DATA=E:\Siemens\PRD\TCDATA11
%TC_DATA%\tc_profilevars

Use the real values for TC_ROOT/TC_DATA above. You can validate that you have a Tc cmd window by typing "set" and hitting Enter - if you see a bunch of TC_* settings then you are good to go - if not then something is wrong.

Now that you have a Tc cmd window then you can run Tc utilities like backup_xmlinfo, list_users, move_volume_files and about 100 others.

Experimenter
Experimenter

The issue has gone. After tried your guide, I deployed my new template in BMIDE successfully. 

I got the point that we should run the .bat file in TC cmd. 

I really appreciate your help, Randy. :D

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi @RandyEllsworth,

Do you have any suggestion for this error? 

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.00.37 PM.png

I encountered this issue in my latest deployment. :(

The BMIDE "workspace" is writing to an area where you don't have write access (C:\Windows). Likely this is a result of launching a script from a Desktop icon where the "Start In" is not defined. Change the "Start In" to C:\Temp (make sure to create that folder if it doesn't exist). You should keep your workspace in an area that you have write access to and not in C:\Windows\ which should resolve the deploy.log error.

You may further have issues with the transient volume definition but I'd resolve the first error before doing anything about the second.