Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Excel crashes when openning Excel-Dataset in Teamcenter-Viewer

Hi Everybody,

whenever an excel document is opened in Teamcenter viewer, office excel crashes...

Siemens seems to know the issue but they don't present a clear solution.

SFB 7234:

https://solutions.industrysoftware.automation.siemens.com/view.php?sort=desc&q=sfb+7234&file_type=te...

Teamcenter version: 9.1.2.4

Is there any workaround for this issue?

Greetings from Germany,

M.

2 REPLIES

Re: Excel crashes when openning Excel-Dataset in Teamcenter-Viewer

Hello,

You are right.

I had this issue when I was using TC 9.1.2.

I did not see this issue in TC10.x and TC11.x so I believe they took care of it.

You could try filing an IR (with a business case) with GTAC and see if they can backport the fix to your TC 9.1.2.4 instance

Harish

Re: Excel crashes when openning Excel-Dataset in Teamcenter-Viewer

[ Edited ]
You could try filing an IR (with a business case) with GTAC and see if they can backport the fix to your TC 9.1.2.4 instance

While this is true, please keep in mind that the Maintenance End Date for Teamcenter 9.1.x was 12/31/2015.

Here's the link to the Software Field Bulletin stating Maintenance End Dates: SFB-Teamcenter-9305

"End of Standard Maintenance dates for the Teamcenter suite of products are listed below.  These dates represent the end of maintenance releases including both scheduled maintenance packs and customer specific patches.
For some releases, customers will be able to pay a premium over standard maintenance for maintenance and support that extends for 1 or 2 years past these dates.  This extended maintenance allows for ongoing patches for Business Urgent issues."

Regards, Ben