cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export PDF to folder workflow

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am trying to export a PDF dataset that is already in TC out with a workflow.  I want to add this to the end of a release workflow.  Export the PDF to a specified folder on the network.  I need help figuring out what Hanldlers to use and how to make this happen.  I am trying to teach myself this workflow programming and am stumbling thru it.  So I am going to ask a bunch of stupid questions, so bare with me. haha.

TC10(10.1.6.1(20160515.00)) 64-bit

4 REPLIES

Re: Export PDF to folder workflow

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You may be interested in EPM-run-external-command using the "-lov" argument. I like to use batch LOV's for this, especially while in development, before turning them into real LOV's in Production once they're stable. I specify one LOV using the "-lov" arg for the definition and a second LOV for the properties.
ACME4_EXTLOV_Def
• INPUT~ExportPath=E:\Exports
• INPUT~DataPath=E:\Exports
• INPUT~ExportOrigFile=YES
• INPUT~ErrorMsg1=Export failed on target %object_string% with error %$SYSTEM_ERROR%
• DATA~DATASETS=IMAN_specification~PDF
• DATA~LOV=ACME4_EXTLOV_Props
ACME4_EXTLOV_Props
• PROP:%$PROCESS.object_name%~%$PROCESS.$TARGET.object_string%~%$PROCESS.$REF.object_string%
• OBJECTSmiley SadItemRevision)
• PROP:%$TARGET.item.object_type%~%$TARGET.item.item_id%~%$TARGET.item_revision_id%~%$TARGET.object_name%~%$TARGET.object_desc%~%$TARGET.release_status_list%~%$TARGET.date_released%~%$TARGET.owning_group%~%$TARGET.owning_user%

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Experimenter
Experimenter

Ok, that is alittle above my head.  but I will give it a try.  I think all I need is the first part of that -lov  .  How do you go about writing the lov?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You define LOV's, either internal or external (batch), in BMIDE then deploy the template.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I did presentation on this very topic at the 2009 PLM World Conference.  It's a bit dated in some areas, but the LOV portion is still valid today. You can download it at Creating PDF Files Using OOTB Tools .

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,