Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export "Consolidated" BOM to Excel

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

For quite some time now I've been searching for a way to export a "Flat" or "Consolidated" BOM to Excel, HTML, or richtext. Preferably Excel.  

What I mean by Consolidated or Flat BOM is essentially a parts list without the hierarchical structure.  For example; if the same parts contained in your top-level assembly, are also contained in a lower-level assembly, instead of showing the parts and quantity in the top assembly and them again in the lower assembly, just one solid list showing the part and total quantity for the entire assembly.  So, if the same bolt is contained in 30 different sub-assemblies, it shows that bolt just one time (one line) and the total quantity contained within the entire top-level assembly.

Is this possible through custom Excel export templates?  Can this be done by exporting from Structure Manager?

Thanks in advance!

Jake
3 REPLIES

Re: Export "Consolidated" BOM to Excel

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
I think it is easier to have a macro do the flattening in Excel. It is easier to traverse the bom in VBA using the level column as the guide. It can be done in two passes. In first pass you just populate the extended quantity for each line ( extn qnty = qnty X extnd qnty of parent ) . In second pass sum up the exntended qnty, keep only one row & delete all other rows for a part.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

It is sort of silly there is no OOTB function in Teamcenter for this.  Structure Manager should have an option to remove the hierarchical display and consolidate alike values.  

Thank you for your response @Kalpesh.

Jake

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Most welcome.