Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting solidworks (part and drawing) files as IGES/PDF in teamcenter

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi all,

I would want to export a Solidworks file in Teamcenter to a IGES/PDF file. How do I interact to SoloidWorks through Teamcenter for the same?

[UPDATE] - I found this thread where a user had the same problem: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/STEP-conversion-from...

But the link in the solution is broken. VS22171 - JT Bi-Directional Translator for STEP

Can somebody help me find some details around this?

Regards,

Keval

4 REPLIES

Re: Exporting solidworks (part and drawing) files as IGES/PDF in teamcenter

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
The VS22171 link isn't broken. It takes you to the price book which is only accessible by Siemens and partners.

JT Bi-Directional Translator for STEP [VS22171]

Description:

The JT Bi-directional Translator for STEP reads and writes STEP AP242, AP203 and AP214 format files to and from JT. The product operates in either of two ways:

1. From the command line as a standalone Bi-Directional Translator. The product translates JT files to and from the file system without needing an install of Teamcenter Visualization, and independently from the installed version of Teamcenter Visualization. It does require a V11 onwards license server.

2. STEP file open and export for Teamcenter Visualization 11.1 onwards and the Lifecycle Viewer 11.1 onwards. The product will open STEP AP242, AP203 and AP214 files and save JT files from within the viewer to any of these specified STEP formats.

• Note that customers of VS22172 should continue to use their existing VS22172 product for STEP file open/export until they are able to upgrade to Teamcenter Visualization 11.1 or above. VS22171 can be used from the command line to write JT files suitable for earlier versions of Teamcenter Visualization.

The JT Bi-directional Translator for STEP translates precise surface and solid geometry as XT b-rep nurbs and analytic forms. It translates wireframe, assemblies, polyline pmi, supplemental geometry coordinate systems, facet boundary tessellation, attributes and geometric validation properties. A full entity support list is given in the Product Help.
Translation preferences are controlled using a configuration file.

The product can be downloaded from GTAC as a standalone install. The product also ships with Teamcenter Visualization 11.1 onwards. Updates of the standalone install may be made available asynchronously for download and overlay.

Note: Similar to Teamcenter Visualization 11.1, product VS22171 requires upgrade to a V11 license and license server. V10 licenses will also operate from a V11 license server.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for the solution.

Pioneer
Pioneer

“export_ugdwgimages.exe”:

PDF:

"%UGII_BASE_DIR%\Ugmanager\export_ugdwgimages.exe" -all -text=text –pdf –nocgm  %*

CGM:

"%UGII_BASE_DIR%\Ugmanager\export_ugdwgimages.exe"  -all -text=text %*

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I use TC Workflow along with some custom scripting to export CAD data (including Solidworks) to the OS and run the converter of your choice on them.

I also take advantage of SWIM to always create a PDF of every SW drawing at every save which is also exported as part of a release Workflow.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,