Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed Install of TC Client SER2.5 On Windows 10

Hello all, I am having an issue that I hope you can help me with. I cannot seem to get TC Client to install on two of the new machines I have.

They are both running Windows 10 Pro, one has a Intel Xeon E7 with 16GB of RAM (sorry, I do not know the exact configuration) and one is a Intel Core i5-3470 with 4 GB of RAM. 

I have followed the installation intructions to a T, and when that failed I attempted running the install in compatibility mode for Windows 7 and once in compatibility mode for Windows Vista. Every time I get error 1259 - Target machine does not meet minimum OS version or processor speed requirement. 

In the XML provided after the install, under Package Requirements, everything is in the green, save the Windows Version. Required Version is 6.0 (Vista) and the Available Version is 10.0.10586 (my Win10 version, written in red. 

I take this mean that TC is incombatible with my version of Windows, but running in compatibility mode yeilded the same results, so I must be doing something wrong.

Any help or insight you can offer me is greatly appreciated 

13 REPLIES

Re: Failed Install of TC Client SER2.5 On Windows 10

Here is a copy of the log. Does anybody have the client running sucessfully on Win10?Untitled.png

I'm not familiar with Ford's packaging numbers. What version of the Teamcenter client are you trying to install? Yes, I'm able to install Tc10.1.2 through Tc11.2.1 successfully on Win10.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

I am not 100% as to which version I have. I am attempting to track it down now. Where would I locate this?

Here is the information under Package Information in the log

Package Name: FEDE

Package Version: SER2.5

Build Number: 104

AIC Bootstrap Version: 3.5.1

AIC Library Version: 3.5.1

AIC Logfile Version: 6.1

Find the Teamcenter version of a rich client by selecting Help > About.
Can ask someone at Ford since they supplied the package?

Asking Ford would have been my first step, but we do not seem to have any contact information for them. I cannot go the the About tab, on account of I cannot get it installed to begin with. I will attempt to reinstall it on an older machine and see if I can find the Version Number there. 

Found an old computer that still had the client installed. It is Teamcenter 9 (9.1.2.5_a01_1(20150720.00)) 64-bit

Windows 10 is not supported for Tc9.1.2.x. IE10 was certified w/Tc9.1.2.3 and IE11 was certified w/Tc9.1.3. I think the highest you can go on Tc9.1.2.5 is Windows 8. If Ford offers an upgrade/patch to Tc9.1.3 then you can go with Windows 8.1. Otherwise you're stuck with either Windows 8 (sucks) or Windows 7 Pro. Also be careful of your MS Office version which should be 2007 SP2 or 2010 only.

Now you know.

I am sorry, there was a typo. It is 9.1.3.5

Then Windows 8.1 is supported.