Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter in structure manager

Creator
Creator

All,

I have the need to filter my structure based on an attribute value. The display shall contain only the BOM lines that meet the filter criteria.

I am not talking about a search like "Find a component in display", but really a filtering capability

Any idea how to achieve this?

8 REPLIES

Re: Filter in structure manager

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Have you tried a Revision Rule?
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.4/help#uid:xid1256867:index_plm00006:id262002:id2...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Creator
Creator
Thanks for your feedback.
Actually, the revision rule is based on basic attributes (owning groups/users, project, status...)
But I am looking for a way to filter based on a custom attribute that is a LOV.

I created a query through Query Builder, and then I can run this search from Structure manager with the LOV value I need to see:
[cid:image001.png@01D3860A.94F426E0]

Then on the search result window, I click "Select all" and then "Display in New Window":
Only my objects types with the defined LOV value are shown with their upper levels.

Hope this can help others :)

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Can you share query that you have created and how to integrate it with strucutre manager?

Thanks and regards,

Datta

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hii....

My issue is also same which you are facing please let me know if you got the solution of these.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

@Kushal2@Datta1  see the attached image, click the buttons in strcuture manager as shown in the sequence. After step 3, you will see search query selection dialog.

Creator
Creator

Yes, this is how I did it as well.

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Thanks for your reply. I can find my custom query in that. But after selecting value I am not able to find search result. It is showing 0 search result. Please find the attached images.

Thanks and regards, 

Datta

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
What does your PART TYPE query return (Items or Item Revisions)? You can review it in Query Builder to see the Search Type (return value). For instance the default query called Part returns Items (Search Type = Items).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4