Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First time login to TC after the installation

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I recently installed teamcenter 2T 11.3.0.1 on my local machine. I logged into client VPN to install teamcenter as i need to use client's teamcenter license server for the installation. I am using MS SQL server 2016 which is installed on my local machine using the my company's license (not the client license). After the installation, i am unable to login to the rich client with infodba user or my OS user (as these are the deafult users created after the installation). I am not getting any error message on login screen or in log file. The login screen is showing as loggining in for long time but i am unable to login.

Please help me out in resolving this issue.

Note: To check the infodba user credentials, login and kill the dead locks i used clearlocks utility and this utility is working fine without any error message.

Regards,

Zaara

28 REPLIES

Re: First time login to TC after the installation

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon,
What do you see in the TAO window? Have you tried to clean the Teamcenter client cache - Teamcenter and FCCCahe folders?
Also check for errors *.syslog last file in your %temp% directory

Creator
Creator

Hello,

In TAO window i can see no error messages and the final message is "Successfully Activated server <TcServer1>".

TAO window is working fine. I also cleared the cache and no error messages found in .syslog file.

Regards,

Zaara

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
It's not clear to me if you have Teamcenter and the database instance installed locally and also the 2t RAC installed locally. Or if you only have 2t RAC and are trying to access the client DB instance over VPN? The 2t RAC must be physically close to TC_DATA and the DB instance which is why I ask. It is not latency tolerant.

Also, check:
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Siemens\logs\tccs\TCCS\process\tccs_*.log
C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Teamcenter\RAC\<datetime>\%USERNAME%_TcRAC_*.log

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Creator
Creator

Hello,

I installed Teamcenter, 2T RAC, DB and all other components on my local  machine.DB is installed using my company license and teamcenter in installed over VPN with client license.

I checked the log files mentioned by you and there i can't see any error message.

Regards,

Zaara

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Open a Tc command window and try:
install -ayt

You should see "Site is already installed" which indicates that TC_DATA and the DB connection are good. Anything else indicates a connection problem.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Phenom
Phenom

How long have you tried waiting for the Teamcenter client to open? Does your license server normally ping from your computer?

Creator
Creator

Hello,

i tried install -ayt in TC command prompt and got the message "Site is already installed". Please find the attached image for this.

Regards,

Zaara

Creator
Creator

Hi,

I waited for 30 minutes to login to teamcenter. I am able to ping the license server form my computer. Please find attached the image for ping from my local machine.

Regards,

Zaara

Creator
Creator

Hello,

When i checked C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Siemens\logs\tccs\TCCS\process\tccs_*.log, i found the following message:

WARN - None - 2018/03/07-06:27:23,315 UTC - *HOSTNAME* - TCCS configuration directory doesn't exist.
WARN - None - 2018/03/07-06:27:23,315 UTC - *HOSTNAME* - No forward proxy configuration found. Configuring for direct connection.

When i checked C:\Users\%USERNAME%\Teamcenter\RAC\<datetime>\%USERNAME%_TcRAC_*.log, i found the following message:

WARN 2018-03-07 11:58:06,723 - Windows 8.1 () - win32.win32.x86_64 - null - Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (1.8.0_141-b15) - 3.8.0.v20120529-1548.

I have set FMS_HOME in environment varaibles but when i tried %FMS_HOME% in cmd, i am getting the following message:

'D:\TC_ROOT\tccs' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

I am also attaching the screen shots for these.

Regards,

Zaara