cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate Dxf file and Step file in Workflow or Dispatcher

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi,

I am new to this forum. After reading some of the post, I found out this is quite handy.  I hope someone in this group can give me advice if this can be done.

I am looking at a solution in Teamcenter can automatically generate dxf file and Step file through workflow process.  Did any one experience on it?

I am using NX 8 with Teamcenter 8.3.  Going to NX9 with Tc10.1,

Thanks

Andy

Andy L
6 REPLIES

Re: Generate Dxf file and Step file in Workflow or Dispatcher

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

You need to set up and configure a dispatcher server to do the translation in the background.

After this is working, you can create translation (dispatcher) requests through workflow handlers.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thanks for your response.  Yes, I have used dispatcher already and generate CGM files and JT files.  Is there any OOTB tools i can use to translate dxf and step?  I found an article to use "EPM-run-external-command" to generate CGM --> PS --> PDF using "Prepare" Utility in TC Vis.  However, I don't see how it can convert to dxf / Step.

Andy L

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

There are STEP and DXF translators included in the dispatcher service, you just need to install and configure them.

You can use the dispatcher_create_rqst utility, shipping with Teamcenter, to create translation requests.

The Teamcenter help library contains information about it in the utilities reference.

Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1

Experimenter
Experimenter

I dont see translators are available.  Is it new in Teamcenter 10.1?  We are still in Teamcenter 8.3.

See attached Translator Option in Teamcenter Install.

23-03-2015 10-38-18 AM.jpg

Andy L

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Seems that this has been implemented by our CSR, so you would need to contact them for the exact steps.

The external translators can work with Tc names like @DB\{ItemID}\{ItemRevision}, so you just need to create the batch file and add the definition to the dispatcher.

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter
U may need to use ECad tool