Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Generate JTs for certain Item Types with Dispatcher

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hello,

Is it possible for nxtransdirect to generate JTs for certain item types.

The Customer has custom item types and would like with the help of Dispatcher to create JTs for certain item types.

He is aware that this is possible with a Workflow but would prefer the Dispatcher.

Thanks in Advance

S.L.R.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Generate JTs for certain Item Types with Dispatcher

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

for mass creation of JTs I'd avoid to do that with Dispatcher:

for every item you enter in the queue, it has to start a NX process, load the part data, generate JT file, close that NX process and start over the same thing with the next item. so there is a lot of overhead in starting and terminating NX for creating just one JT file out of one part file.

I'd prefer to collect the items in a textfile (@DB/000815/A ...) and provide that text file for the ugtopv direct translator.

That is more efficient, if you translate more than one item to JT within one NX session (it does not need to start and terminate the NX sessions - saves a lot of time!)

the best way to collect such items is making a query and export the result with good column options to a textfile...

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

@MarkusK wrote:

for mass creation of JTs I'd avoid to do that with Dispatcher:

for every item you enter in the queue, it has to start a NX process, load the part data, generate JT file, close that NX process and start over the same thing with the next item. so there is a lot of overhead in starting and terminating NX for creating just one JT file out of one part file.

I'd prefer to collect the items in a textfile (@DB/000815/A ...) and provide that text file for the ugtopv direct translator.

That is more efficient, if you translate more than one item to JT within one NX session (it does not need to start and terminate the NX sessions - saves a lot of time!)

the best way to collect such items is making a query and export the result with good column options to a textfile...

Thank you Markus!

I know exactly what you mean, but the customer has been working like this for years.

The question was if it is possible at all.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Yes, you can run a query against a specific Item type with a specific dataset type that has been modified within a given time period (24 hours) and submit the results to Dispatcher using a script that runs as a scheduled task on the server nightly.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4