Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Get File Location in Teamcenter

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi All,

I am new to Teamcenter and will like to know how to get file location in Teamcenter.

Please advise, many thanks.

Best Regards,

Steven

15 REPLIES

Re: Get File Location in Teamcenter

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @StevenHong,

In My Teamcenter application, use Impact Analysis, Where: Referenced.

TC_Impact_Analysis.JPG

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Ganesh, 

Many thanks for the reply.

If i have a 001 part saved under Newstuff, how does the file location look like in Window format ? 

Something like this :  \\TC Server\Home\Newstuff\001_part ? 

Please advise

Steven

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@StevenHong, Teamcenter does not save data like the files on your OS (Windows). What is your exact purpose?

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, StevenHong. Ganesh_Kadole is right. Teamcenter stores files on volumes and if you open a volume from the operating system, you will see there the name of the files with the unique identifiers that Teamcenter generated.
But you do not need to do this, the volume is managed by Teamcenter. If you need to upload the file to the operating system, use the Named Reference ... when you right-click on the dataset or when you select the dataset in the main menu of the View - Named Reference ...
In this window you can click Download ... to export to the OS file system.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
The full path of the file is not shown in Named References by default. However you can set IMF_display_full_path=true then it will show the path in the volume and the file name.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Randy,

Where do i set IMF_display_full_path=true to show the path in the volume and the file name ?

Best Regards,
Steven

Pioneer
Pioneer
I have some NX customisation that is reading some excel files. The idea in the future is to put all documents into Teamcecnter thus i need to modify the NX customisation in order for it to work.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
The IMF_display_full_path=true is a Teamcenter preference (in Edit > Options). You can set it as a User or Site preference. However, you will not be able to retrieve a file for NX Manager using the path and file name. You have to go through the application layer with either ITK or SOA calls. You will find this exercise harder than you expect since Teamcenter obfuscates file management. It is (mainly) invisible to the users by design (it just works).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Randy,

I am currently using 11.3 version. When i go to Edit > Options, i can't find this preference. 

Can you give the details on how to set this to  IMF_display_full_path=true ?

Many thanks.