Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get File Location in Teamcenter

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
The preference does not exist by default. You have to create it and set the value to true.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.3/help/#uid:xid909599

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Creator
Creator

Hi Randy,

Many thanks for the reply. 

Need your verfication on whether i add the following in preference.xml as per attached image is fine.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
The preference is added in Teamcenter. Click the Menu, Edit > Options which will open the dialog where you can add the preference. You will need administrative rights to create the preference. Please watch this video...
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/tc/11.3/help/common/en_US/graphics/g...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Creator
Creator

Hi Randy,

Many thanks.

Experimenter
Experimenter

HI, 

i have the same requirement of getting full path of volume in named reference. i have created a new peference as shown in attached file but it doesnt work. Please suggest.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hi @muks,

You preference is set correctly.  Make sure you restart Teamcenter having added the property.

I tested it myself in Tc11.4 and found that the path is only shown when viewing the properties of the dataset, not the named references.

For example, I right clicked a UGMASTER dataset and chose "View > Properties", clicked "Print object properties" and then scrolled the page to find "ref_list" which showed:

UGPART-ATTR, C:\app\PLM\TC11\volume\dba592468bd\toycar__ugp_aot04187h0uvw.prt

Regards, Ben