Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Getting Error in Login with Thin Client on .Net Web Tier

Siemens Creator Siemens Creator
Siemens Creator

good Morning, Transient_Volume_RootDir site parameter path defined is - C:\Temp\transientVolume_imfodba

After doign all the steps mentioned by you, I could login to WebClient but it looks strange though, screenshots: 

Webclient_Login.PNG

Admin_Server_Assigned.PNG

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
I agree with @ArthurRM that you are having shared memory problems. Stop all services and delete C:\Temp\V11000.2.0.52_20180205.00 then rebuild the caches as described earlier by Arthur3.

tcserverXXXXXX.syslog:
"textsrv shared cache is stale."

Also mentioned earlier, I'm not seeing any testing of volume access or transient volume access. After rebuilding the server/client meta cache and testing then we should likely look at the Transient Volume ID and the FMS Master. For that we'll need the output from "backup_xmlinfo -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba" and the fmsmaster_<FSCID>.xml.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Siemens Creator

Hi Randy, 

I am attching backup_xmlinfo and the fmsmaster files. Everything looks okay to me. 

As mentioned earlier, with @Arthur3 comments, I am able to Login, also one of the Server is getting authenticated, however it all look sstrange. 

The backup_xmlinfo shows that your Transient ID for win is also your default and that same ID matches what is shown in the FMS Master. It all looks good from this end.

You can make a few changes to the FMS Master:

1. Move from Subnet/Mask to CIDR notation.
  2. Add support for IPv6

Clientmap.PNG

Siemens Creator

Hi Randy, 

Finally, I was able to launch WebClient successfully. I activated Windows Authentification for tc folder in IIS under my configured Web site.

I have a final query now, I have NX IP on a different machine, which I would like to connect to this Teamcenter now. How do I do that? in this case where I don't have pool manager and Jboss? Do i need to insatll any more features on TC server machine ?

I believe for that, this link must work, however, I am unable to access http://<hostname>:10080/tc/aiws/aiwebservices

The error is as follows: 

aiws.PNG

The physical path mentioned in the error does not exist i.e. folder aiws is not available under tc folder.  

Thanks 

Ashish

Congratulations on getting IIS to work.

I'm not familiar with NX IP? Are you asking how to run managed NX (NX with Tc) or something else?

Siemens Creator

Hi Randy, 

Thank you very much for all your support. 

Yes, I mean the same. I want to run managed NX (NX with Tc).

I have NX on a different physical machine and TC is on this VM. 

Do I need to do some extra installations? 

Thanks

Ashish

First, you have to install the tcin template on the Server to add the NX data model to Teamcenter. Run (maintenance) TEM (as administrator), Extensions > Teamcenter Integration for NX > NX Foundation.

Now you need to install a Teamcenter client on the same machine that has NX. Run (media) TEM (as administrator) to install the 4t Rich Client and make sure to select Extensions > Teamcenter Integration for NX > NX Rich Client Integration. This adds start_nxmanager.bat to PORTAL_ROOT which is used by Teamcenter to launch managed NX. You will be asked for the installed location of NX during TEM.

Siemens Creator

Hi Randy, 

I installed Teamcenter Integration for NX on Server.

I also installed 4t Rich Client and NX Rich Client Integration on the machine where I have NX. 

I have configured properly, hostname and port number.

From NX Machine, I could log in with web client, however, login to Rich client fails and returns following error:

RichClientLogin.PNG

I didn't launch NX yet, as the rich client login itself is failing. 

Any suggestions, what could be wrong here. 

Thanks 

Ashish

Status code 4xx are considered client errors as opposed to 5xx which are considered server errors. Just because its a client error doesn't mean the problem is on the client. "401 Unauthorized Error" indicates that the requested resource is restricted and requires authentication, but the client failed to provide any such authentication. Said another way, the error indicates that the client (the web browser, in most cases) has requested a restricted resource (such as a web page) from the server, but the client has failed to provide valid authentication credentials. Some possibilities:
- The client sent its authentication credentials to the server but the server has rejected the credentials for some reason.
- The client failed to provide authentication credentials within the request.
- The client is banned for some reason (usually by IP address range).

Some things to look for on the client:
- Double check the URL is correct. There is a hidden form in the login dialog that submits to the server (http) so you won't be able to check it there (unless you installed using OTW).
- Clear the HTTP cookies. You only need to clear cookies for the domain where the application is located (or clear them all). The process is browser specific and figuring out which browser is being used behind the scenes is difficult.
- Clear the (browser) cache. Again, the process is browser specific.
- Log out and log in. In case, something in your session also needed to be cleared (session token).

Likely, the problem is with the web server configuration. Review all the server side logs for clues (especially the WebTier log). Feel free to attach logs for our review.

Some general things (client and server) that can cause an issue:
- IPv6 is not disabled.
- UAC is not disabled. Although that's usually related to installation failures.
- Firewall is blocking ports. You can temporarily turn the firewall off for testing.
- Virus scanner has blocked something. Sometimes happens when you add a new version of Java (java.exe and javaw.exe). Disable virus scanner temporarily for testing.