Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting the URL of a resource in a given revision / version.

[ Edited ]

Good morning everyone.

I want to include an image into a MsWord document while keeping its separation from it. This is performed by 'linking' it to the document.

The image is generated by an external application not integrated into Teamcenter. The image may change during different revisions. This document becomes part of the final documentation that is generated everytime a baseline is set, so it should include the latest available version of the generated image.

I would like to know if it is possible to 'upload' the image to Teamcenter and get the URL so that the document would link directly to a resource provided by Teamcenter instead of getting it form the file system. 

Speaking in other terms, does Teamcenter offer access to items as a service?

Does Teamcenter support WebDav?

Thank you Smiley Happy

6 REPLIES

Re: Getting the URL of a resource in a given revision / version.

Linking an image in a document and then pulling the latest image when the doc is published is a function of Content Management. Teamcenter offers access to whomever has a named user license. I don't know about webdav support.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

webdav support was deprecated with TC 9 or 10...

Thanks xtof.

[ Edited ]

Hello Randy, 

Teamcenter Content Management Module may control that during publishing, I am talking about edition. As soon as an image is uploaded to Teamcenter, as long as I know, it is decoupled from the original. During edition it would be amazing to be able to get a reference to that kind of resource (its URL) so that the editor just linked to it remotely. This would reduce the risk of repetition and allow easier handling of document subcontents in a distributed environment. Is this capability available in Teamcenter? 

Thank you.

[ Edited ]

I don't know the difference between publish and edition? URL linking can be used for single objects but gets too cumbersome to use in a mass or automated way, very manual process.

If you import the image as a Dataset that lives under a Item Revision which is used in the document BOM then Content Management will be able to publish the latest or the exact revision based on the rule used to load the BOM.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

[ Edited ]

Publishing is normally a huge process mostly done once a baseline has been reached, edition is a much smaller process usually done in a daily basis. For the editor (let me call it that way) it is much easier to work with linked resources. From my point of view, when not into huge projects, linking to resources by using URLs to the PLM system instead to those into the local filesystem would simplify the 'human' task quite a bit.

I still do not understand why getting access to an uploaded dataset would be inconvenient. In fact, it could be achieved by a webservice.