Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ghost parts importing into Teamcenter with my NX assembly!

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Jon_Cornell

I was able to import CAD Assembly into Teamcenter successfully in NX 12.0.1

Those ghost references won't be part of import process. (In other words, no items will be created in Teamcenter for these ghost references)

Thanks,
Anbu

Teamcenter Architect & PLM/CAD Administrator,
Teamcenter 11.4 | Active Workspace 3.4 | NX 12

Creator
Creator

Hello,

how did you manage to get rid of the ghost parts?

I do have the same problem, that "Name only" parts are listed when I try to import my assembly to TC.

Sometimes it helped to create a new part with the name of the ghost part, assembly it to the part where it is referenced, rename the ghost part and then delete from the assembly/part where it was referenced. But it does not work for two ghost parts and I do not understand why.

Thanks,

Ralph

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Rago

I just updated my environment to NX 12.0.1 and did bulk import. NX ignored those Name Only Reference parts while importing. It does allocates Item IDs. But it doesn't create any items during import.

I recently did a smaller assembly import in one of user's machine which has only base NX 12 and I did not face issues with Name Only references. May be its inconsistent. Not sure.

But I did not do anything special to get rid of errors. I just did basic Part Cleanup actions & NX 12.0.1 update.

Thanks,
Anbu

Teamcenter Architect & PLM/CAD Administrator,
Teamcenter 11.4 | Active Workspace 3.4 | NX 12

Creator
Creator

Hi @AnbuPLM,

thank you very much for your reply.

Best regards,

Ralph