Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Home - How can I reorder my folders

Is possible to reorder the folders in home or reorder the items within a folder that I have created in the Home tab? I have asked and have been asked this question from different users many times with no real answer or good reason why this feature wouldn't be included in Teamcenter.

7 REPLIES

Re: Home - How can I reorder my folders

The tree view can be ordered ascending or descending through Edit => Options => General => UI => Tree display order.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community

I appreciate the reply that is nice to know wasn't aware that you could do that. That's not exactly what I'm looking for though. Can you reorder items? For example can you make the first move down to be the 3rd, move the 3rd down to be the last (without using cut and paste). Just manually reordering the items.

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author O6RW1
‎08-26-2015 04:32 AM

Yes, it's possible.

I think it's different on different versions of Teamcenter.

Here's how to do it in Teamcenter 8.3

Make sure you have the "Tree display option" mentioned by Stefan set to "Not Sorting"

Select the object you want to move, then select the down pointing triangle in the upper right section of your tree section (see image)

Select the move option, and you will see the up, down, top & bottom options to move your object.

I hope this helps.

Thank you this has been very helpful!

Jacosta

Additional Refferrence...Smiley Happy

Thanks

Sudikin

NX10-SW2014-Integrator

[ Edited ]

Can anyone else help us on this? No solution so far...
We can not proceed as mentioned below as we are using TeamCenter 9...

jAcosta wrote:

Yes, it's possible.

I think it's different on different versions of Teamcenter.

Here's how to do it in Teamcenter 8.3

Make sure you have the "Tree display option" mentioned by Stefan set to "Not Sorting"

Select the object you want to move, then select the down pointing triangle in the upper right section of your tree section (see image)

Untitled.png

Select the move option, and you will see the up, down, top & bottom options to move your object.

I hope this helps.

Lesser known option, Really useful! Smiley Happy

Testing NX10 | NX11
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2