Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can we get Datamodel of existing Teamcenter Environment in BMIDE, in past BMIDE is never used.

in my organization we are using Teamcenter 2007 (plan to migrate new version soon) all Teamcenter servers are on UNIX (database,Vault,Business,web,ODS) TC_DATA and TC_ROOT is on Isilon server. our Teamcenter setup is quite old (10 Years almost). in past we never used BMIDE. now we migrated our operating system to windows 7 (using same teamcenter 2007 version) and we are facing few issue in CATIA integration. after analysis from syslog it seems some rules are creating problem in Post-action of item creation. to troubleshoot the issue we want to see which type of customization or Post action set on item creation in our Teamcenter data model.

so my question is how can i create that BMIDE environment on our server, as we never used BMIDE it before. i installed it on our windows server connected to Teamcenter QA server however unable to find how to get the extension files of existing environment. can anyone please help if you know the answer ?

2 REPLIES

Re: How can we get Datamodel of existing Teamcenter Environment in BMIDE, in past BMIDE is never use

you can try to build a BMIDE package manually using installed files from following locations in TC environment. Then Import this to BMIDE with menu : File- Import - Import BMIDE Template Package

1. Feature XML:
%TC_ROOT%\install\install\modules\feature_<templateName>.xml
2. lang, properties and default files:
%TC_ROOT%\install\<templateName>\
3. template.xml and dependency.xml from
%TC_DATA%\model\

To see the structure of a BMIDE package, create a test project in BMIDE and then create a package.

Re: How can we get Datamodel of existing Teamcenter Environment in BMIDE, in past BMIDE is never use

To get the BMIDE project, you can use the BMIDEProjectBackupRecovery Saved Query in Teamcenter. This Query will return the BMIDE project as datasets from where you can download the BMIDE project. You can load the find the latest BMIDE project that is deployed in to your TC and you can load the same in BMIDE.