Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to conect 2-tier richclient to teamcenter server

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi there.

Can you please help me how to connecting 2-tier richclient from workstation.

I have teamcenter server and all the things seems to work successful on it, but when i want to connect from a remote workstation with richclient, many errors apear. Ex: "Error allocating Teamcenter user license"

I've used a shared tc_data from server (mapped network drive), and it seems that workstation wants to connect to server.

Ofcourse LMTools is working properly on teamcenter server.

6 REPLIES

Re: How to conect 2-tier richclient to teamcenter server

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Try disabling the firewall to see if that fixes your issue. If so then you'll need to add firewall port exceptions before turning it back on.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks for you response.

I've used to disable both the server and client firewalls but the error still appears.

Actually I have 2-tier corporate server + .net manager + web tier for .net (2-tier) and many others, on my server and i want to use a 2-tier richclient (infodba user) from a remote workstation.

Is there any other thing necessary for this topology?

Solution Partner Phenom
2tier talks to TC_DATA then directly to the DB. It skips server manager and web tier altogether (hence, 2tier). The drawback is that the remote machine MUST be physically close to the DB server (less than 10ms) or you'll have serious performance issues. 4tier outperforms 2tier for anything over 2ms but requires server manager and web tier (hence, 4tier).
That said, you shouldn't be seeing a license allocation issue unless it is related to the connection timing out due to latency. You will have to use 4tier in that case.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks again.

My server and client are in the same LAN. I want to install 2-tier richclient due to NX integration.

1. Is there any command or tools to test License manager connection from client?

I want to be assure that it's connection delay problem or any other misconfiguration on tc_data.

2. If i change the structure is it possible to install all the 4-tier components on a single windows server or it needs more than one?

3. As i've seen, the License Manager has a Tcp listening on port 27000, so if the client should have direct connection to License Manager, it may be connection issue again with 4-tier!?

Thanks for you attention

Solution Partner Phenom
1. You can install LMTools on the client to test the connection from the command line.

2. All 4 tiers can be installed on the same server without issue. Perfect for Development but I wouldn't do this in Production unless you have less than 20 users.

3. NX/Tc license is port 28000 (27000 is really old). However the return port is a range. You can force the return port by adding it to the VENDOR line in the license file:
VENDOR ugslmd PORT=28005

The NX Integration works perfectly with 4tier.

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks

Problem solved with 4-tier topology.