Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to edit default PDF program for TC

Hello,

I am trying to change the default program that a dataset opens with. For example, a PDF currently defaults to open with Adobe Viewer. However, my computers setting use X-Change.

Can I edit this preference to make a PDF open with X-Change when I double click it in Teamcenter?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES

Re: How to edit default PDF program for TC

This is controlled on each individual computer via a local Registry setting (if you're on Windows).  It's not a TC preference.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
Technical Director @ PLM World, Inc,
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging

Thanks for the response. While I was testing, I deleted adobe viewer just to see what TC would do. I now get an error that says. "Unable to open dataset: No compatible tool is found." So it seems that TC is driving what tool launches when double clicking the PDF.

You also have to reassociate the .pdf file extension with your desired program.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.

OK, how would I go about doing that? Thanks!

In Windows 7, via Default Programs where you associate  file extension to a program. You may also need to change your PDF_Tool in BMIDE or create a new PDF tool in BMIDE.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.

Hi @NYTCuser

I am experiencing the same issue as you have mentioned in this post.  I am wondering...was this issue ever resloved on your end?  If so, can you please share what you've done to resolve it?

Thanks

Jake