cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the new Start page for Teamcenter Visualization Mockup 11.2?

Experimenter
Experimenter

When I start Teamcenter Visualization Mockup 11.2 I get this old fashion looking Start Page. Is there a way to change to the new and better looking Start Page? (See pictures below)
Old fashion Start PageOld fashion Start PageNew Start PageNew Start Page

4 REPLIES

Re: How to get the new Start page for Teamcenter Visualization Mockup 11.2?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The enable the new environment you will need to add the Windows environment variable TCVIS_ENABLE_RIBBONS and set it to true. This is documented in the help files.

We are upgrading to TC11.2, NX10 and Vis 11.2 but I my first impression is that the ribbon interface for Vis Mockup is quite good enough to be forced on all users. When compared to the NX ribbon interface it does not appear to be as well developed. I have struggled to find any documentation on the interface and customisation appears very limited.

Mike

NX 10 TC11.2
www.astonmartin.com

Creator
Creator

Where did you find that information in the help files?

Just spent a bunch of time fumbling around with no luck.  Does installing the siemens help documents on a server provide more information than using the Siemens online for the help source?

Also, have you had any luck finding more information on customizing toolbars and functions in Vis? 

Our organization would really like some, what seem like basic, customization.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

The information is in these pages

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/tcv/11.3/help/training/en_US/gs_tuto...and https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tcv/11.3/help/#uid:xid1107386

I don't think site wide customisation will be easy. I think a user can modify the ribbon however these settings will probably be held in the registry with the rest of the Vis Mockup settings. You would need to distribute these settings onto each machine.

Mike

NX 10 TC11.2
www.astonmartin.com

Creator
Creator

Well I did finally come across the developer documentation for Teamcenter Vis.  Or rather PLM Vis.  I'm so new to this I don't actually know what the difference is between these two products.

Once you install PLM Vis you will find the developers guide for full customization through Java IDE and Eclipse.

C:\Program Files\Siemens\PLMVis113_x64\Documentation