Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to install FCC Cache Server on a different separate machine

I have already an existing teamcenter environment with FCC Cache installed in the same machine.

Now we want to install the FCC Cache to a separate server or machine, anyone already tried this one ? please help me how to do it..thanks.

4 REPLIES

Re: How to install FCC Cache Server on a different separate machine

The file client cache (FCC Cache) can be installed using MEDIA\additional_applications\tccs_install\tccsinst.exe in the Teamcenter install media. This is useful for web client users or another way to think about it is non-rich client users. TCCS belongs on the client machine but I can't think of a reason why I would install it on a server.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hi

I see Larry replied to your question FCC (File Client Cache)but I wonder if you don't actually mean, how do I enable FSC  (File Server Cache) cache. This  as Larry menation there is no good reason for installing a FCC on a seperate server.

There are at least three different ways I can think to enable a more local FSC (assuming you don't use multisite setup). Below I try to describe them as I see it.

- enable on local FSC that users with specific ip range connects to and have a local volume storage close the the end-users. This is good if you have a central database but distributed cad users (read cities or countries)  in different locations to have a better file load(save performance unsing the LAN. Disadavantage is if users share models they will anyway get performance issues as they need to load other users files over WAN.

- another setup is to enable a local cache, menaing that it syncronizes the files from central volume storage to the local site. This gives good performance for the local users as they will open up a cached copy of files stored by other users in another location. Disadvantage is that it will mena double, tripple ... diskspace.

- third alternative is to have a local user cache were users save the files to a local volumen and then the FSC uploads the files in the background to the main volume location.

Usable if you want to have all files stored in one location to manage backups more central and for "single user sites" were the cache may be on a small NAS or even on local computer disk (Then the user needs to have FSC installed on computer as well as the FCC).

If it was FSC you actually thought about which kind of setup are you thinking about.

Hi,

We have a possible customer here in PH which wants to connect to the their main TC site located in US.

They, actually, are designers who would be uploading/saving CAD files in TC.

May I know what's the best option for this based on your response? Is it the third option?

Regards

Lyka 

Here are some important questions:
What version of Teamcenter?
What CAD system(s) and version(s)?
How many "Authors" in PH?
Does PH have a formal IT Dept/Server Room w/NAS? (Not a workstation in a closet)
Does PH user machines fall into specific IP range (subnets)?
Does PH IT use Riverbed or Cisco WAS for other systems?

The answers will help you shape a solution for them.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2