cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to load multiple assemblies into NX at once?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello, I have a need to load many assemblies into NX from Teamcenter at ine time. However, I am not sure which is the best way to do this. I have a list of the names of about 100 different assemblies that I need loaded into NX. The only way I know of adding more than one assembly at once, is to utilize Structure Managers search option, and add one assembly at a time. However this is very time consuming. Can it be done faster?

Also I am aware that my terminology may be off. I understand an assembly can be a collection of many part files. What I need specifically is to load many different part files that are located in different areas. I hope that clears things up.

Also, I checked on the NX customization and programming forum to see if any API calls existed that could load models from Teamcenter for me. I didn't see any. If any such code exist, please let me know. Thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: How to load multiple assemblies into NX at once?

Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Generally you would need a custom NXOpen API program, Journal or DLL.

The method you need is Session.Parts.Open

If you can specify the parts via a search in NX it would be easy to use the search result.

For customizations ask at the customization and programming category.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community