Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show assembly tree in Teamcenter Viewer

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hi, everyone, 

I am a starter on Teamcenter 12. Now I want to start NX 12 in Teamcenter and view the JT model in tc viewer,but I meet a problem and hope to get some advice. Thanks in advance!

When I start Teamcenter, select a CAEModel and will see the JT model in tc viewer, please see the below picture.

It is normal but missing the assembly tree. So my question is that how to show the assembly tree when the item is selected?

1.PNG

If I send the item to Lifecycle Viewer, it is normal and will see the assembly tree which I wan to show, so I think the assembly tree exists, just no show in tc viewer, please see the belw picture.

2.PNG

At last I find if I save in NX, it  will show the assembly tree in tc viewer, please see the below picture, this is what I want, but it only show when NX saved. It will dispear when other item is selected.

Capture3.PNG

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to show assembly tree in Teamcenter Viewer

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, I'm not exactly sure what this is your case, but read these two topics:

how to view 3D assembly in teamcenter
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/how-to-view-3D-assembly-in-te...

Assembly visualization
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/Assembly-visualization/td-p/3...

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
As @ArthurRM states, assembly trees are shown in Structure Manager. Only leaf nodes (components) of Assemblies actually contain a JT as there is no assembly level JT created unless you customize to create a monolithic JT. So, view individual component JTs in Viewer or view an assembly of JTs in Structure Manager.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Dear Randy, ArthurRM

Thanks for your reply! I have already checked all the topic in the community before I submit this subject. But it is not the exactly same with my issue.

I want to show the assembly tree in tc viewer when the item is selected in "My Teamcenter", just like the last picture. But the assembly tree show only when NX is saved, will hide if the item is unselected, It is strange and I think whether I shoud do some setting.

As Randy said, I send the item to Structure Manager, but it is the same with the shown in "My Teamcenter", no assembly tree, please see the attachment. Thanks!

Highlighted

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
You have many issues. One is that the JT's that are created do not have structure saved which is why it works only when NX saves it ($MODEL.jt). You can see that in your screenshots where the top-level is Models>Rev A>Collectors>then components. NX creates the $MODEL.jt reference set that is then displayed but your original JT does not have it.

Please read posts from @BenBroad here:
https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Users-Forum/how-to-view-3D-assembly-in-te...
Ben explains how to show them in NX and briefly describes some of the settings.

@PeterH summarizes the SWIM stuff (his company, ITI, writes the SWIM integration):

As you've found out, not all JT's are created equal so, if you don't have the correct data when consuming it then you have to go back to the application that created it.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4