Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

IMAN Specification from a Workflow

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hello all,

Teamcenter users used to be able to electronically sign documents and it used a workflow for it in Teamcenter 9.1.  In Teamcenter 11.3, the workflow can only work as a IMAN reference in the PSU-signature-block within the Start folder in the handlers in the Workflow Designer.

Is there any way you know to add a IMAN specification from a workflow?  Currently testing it, the process will become stuck in the workflow.

I was told it may come down to just the permissions so I'll be checking into that.  Attached is a screenshot of the simplified workflow.

Thanks!

Joe T.

7 REPLIES 7

Re: IMAN Specification from a Workflow

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend
You can create a relation in a Workflow using the EPM-create-relation workflow handler.

But I'm not sure I understand your question correctly.

Are you asking about the EPM-apply-digital-signature workflow handler? What does it have to do with creating a IMAN_specification relation?

Experimenter
Experimenter

It is not a digital signature. 

We are using a workflow to capture approvals for drawings.  We have a custom handler that creates a Form and captures the approvers on the Form.  The problem is that since the Part Revision is in a workflow, we cannot attach the Form with IMAN_specification.  We did not know if there was some way to override that or escalate privileges in that step so that we can complete the workflow.  As it is, it creates and populates our Form, but then it cannot attach so the Form is just out in limbo and the workflow never ends.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
And what's a PSU-signature-block?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

Note also this is not a TC9 vs TC11 issue, it did not work in 9 either.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Randy, please see my reply above.

Siemens Legend Siemens Legend
Siemens Legend

That is indeed likely to be an Access Rights issue.

If so the solution is to use a Workflow ACL on the task which tries to create the IMAN_specification relation.

See:

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.5/help/#uid:xid1256816:index_plm00101:id203481

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.5/help#uid:xid1256819:index_workflow_designer:id2...

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hey everyone,

The EPM-create-relation workflow handler first mention from GAP (big thanks to you!) was actually just what the Signoff Workflow needed. 

The specification relation was not created, so when the form was trying to be generated it would be stuck in the workflow.

All is good and well now.

Happy Holidays!

Joe T.