Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Import part from Native to TC

Hi Guys,

What is the best way to import parts from Native NX. I have a couple of large assemblies to import. Some parts are used in more than one assembly. It is troubling that TC creates a unique id for each part so how will it know which part exists already on the system? 

I have started to import some parts, the question is, is it possible to import assemblies after the parts are imported. I tried but it does not seem possible. 

I imported files that belongs to another project first so that I can get the parts on the system for the assembly to find when it is imported. Does NX assembly keep its links to files. What is the best way to do this.

It does not look easy to just import everything at once. What happens to the parts that are already imported?

I have a nasty feeling I will have to recreate a new assembly and drawings using NX in TC mode. Is there any way that I can bring the Native assembly and drawing in? There are many arangement and detail on the drawings that I would hate to find out it can't be done.

I also tried to import using the assembly first, but it has so many components it takes hours to set the drawings to specifications and the make sure everything is correct. I am sure there must be an easier way.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author stanvdm1
‎07-19-2016 03:36 PM

Re: Import part from Native to TC

If you are using NX 10, then the import is easier, since the interface has improved immensely.

Previous releases don't offer the new interface and you are more or less better by using the interface only to create the log file, edit the log file and do the import based on the edited log file.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community