Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Installing NX templates in teamcenter integration for NX

Hello:

I have benn trying to install the templates for the teamcenter integration for NX and I have not been able to do it..when I run the script specified in the help I get the error showed in the picture saying that "teamcenter integration is not initialized while initializing import operation". 

templates.PNG

Does someone knows what is happining and how to fix it...?

I have tried to launch teamcenter and then NX from teamcenter and then run the script showed in picture but I still get the same error.

PS: All those steps are performed in my client since I have not NX isntalled in the server.

Regards

7 REPLIES

Re: Installing NX templates in teamcenter integration for NX

Are you using 2-tier or 4-tier to connect to the server?
If using 2-tier, set TC_ROOT, TC_DATA and call tc_profilevars.
If using 4-tier, set UGII_UGMGR_COMMUNICATION and UGII_UGMGR_HTTP_URL

Regards, Ben

I am using a 4-tier architecture and I have set the environment variables but I am still getting the same error...

Any other idea about what I am getting this error??

Regards

Navigate to the directory where the script resides (%UGII_ROOT_DIR%\templates) before running the TCIN script.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author cabd87
‎12-06-2016 05:09 AM

Make sure to run this script from a Teamcenter command prompt.

You can also use the regular "File => Import Assembly into Teamcenter" dialog from within managed NX.

For CAD templates you use Item ID is OS name and the item type is Item.

For CAM templates you use Item ID is OS name and a suffix, _inch_NX10 for English parts, _metric_NX10 for Metric parts.

The item type is MENCMachining except for the parts containing "target" in their name, where the item type is Item.

It should be fairly easy with NX10, for older NX releases it is a bit cumbersome, but also no problem.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.0, FBM, MRL 3.1.4 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 10.1
Development: VB.NET, Tcl/Tk    Testing: NX11.0 EAP, NX12.0 EAP

How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author cabd87
‎10-28-2016 08:37 AM

[ Edited ]

Based on Randy's suggestion, make sure you have write access to the location where you're executing the script from. You have not defined a path for the -s argument, so it's going to try to write to C:\windows\system32. Unfortunately the error is a generic one and not particularly helpful.

I just ran your exact syntax hooked up to 4-tier from C:\window\system32 using an NX Command Prompt and it worked. So there's nothing wrong with the syntax.

Do you have name rules enabled?
Check your temp directory and see if an NX syslog is being generated. If there is, check the end of the log file for clues.

Ben

There are a couple of PRs and FAQ that point to SSO as a cause of this error, too.

Issue NX clone fails in SSO env even when the LDAP credentials are used unless the TC_SSO_SERVICE variable is commented.

See Document ID: 002-7008237, and PR# 7248426

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Hello 

I also did it on that way, navigating till the file and run it from there but it didn't work...

About the TC_SSO_SERVICE variable I could not find it ...

Using the method proposed by Stefan_Pendl "Import Assembly into teamcenter" it did work. So now, from "new item" option I can choose from the different tempaltes imported... However, I have not been able to import the inspection templates since iIcould not find them...

Thanks so much 

Regards