cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to log in TC from outside local area network?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I would like to know if that is possible and if it is easy to do. It would be good if connecting to TC is possible but I would like to connect also to NX manager (my NX license server is installed in my laptop). Thanks

6 REPLIES

Re: Is it possible to log in TC from outside local area network?

It is not possible to access TC from outside network unless you are connected to the company network using VPN.

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | Teamcenter-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If the web port is open you should be able to access Teamcenter from a web browser by using its URL. (As far as Teamcenter was configured to give service over the web). Just append /tc/webclient to the server's address.

https://[server]/tc/webclient

Ramon_Talavera wrote:

If the web port is open you should be able to access Teamcenter from a web browser by using its URL. (As far as Teamcenter was configured to give service over the web). Just append /tc/webclient to the server's address.

https://[server]/tc/webclient

That would be thin client, Right...?

Ganesh Kadole, QA Analyst (PLM), SQS
Testing: NX 10 | NX 11 | Teamcenter-NX Integration
Teamcenter 11.2 | TC Vis 11.3 | Active Workspace 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

That is right Smiley Happy But also the Rich one, it uses the same ports.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Danger: exposing ports defeats you network security. Best practice in this case is to setup a Teamcenter instance outside the DMZ then use multisite with production Teamcenter (inside the DMZ) to export/import over only the data you want exposed to the other Teamcenter (outside the DMZ). The Teamcenter outside the DMZ is at risk while your production Teamcenter remains inside the DMZ and is safe. It's a lot of work to maintain this configuration and is rarely worth the effort. I don't know of any company using this configuration but it is possible.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Randy is right, be like Randy.

In general, publishing military or industry data even through secured ports is really very risky. Anyway, in Mad-Max scenarios communicating with Teamcenter using well known ports is perfectly possible and I deserve many Kudos for my answer.