Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible to sabe the prefered file type in new dataset creation

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi, when I have to insert a new dataset, I have to select the right file type.

There are four "rapid option" (blue rectangle in the attached image) and then there is the more button (red rectangle) that show all the possible choices. 

The rapid options are very handy because the complete list is very huge, the problem is that every time TC is colosed and open again the list is resetted to the default one.

So I wonder if it is possible to configure the rapid option with my preferences filetype.

Thanks 

Davide

4 REPLIES

Re: Is possible to sabe the prefered file type in new dataset creation

When user selects dataset types other than default one, the information is stored RAC folder. 

<User_Folder>\RAC\.metadata\.plugins\com.teamcenter.rac.util\TypePanel.cookie

You can define prefered dataset types ( max 4 i guess) in this file.

Note :-

1. If this file is removed, then New Dataset dialog will be loaded with default dataset types.

2. In the TC startup script, you can copy this file from some location, so that this file is always availble when user launches TC.

This should be defined in some preference. I belive they hard-coded this value in java directly.

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

@DavideEreno,

I also checked our ER's and found existing ER 7856628: "Pre-populate specific dataset types in the left hand type bar when [File] - [New] - [Dataset] is selected" (requested against Tc10.1.4).

Regards, Ben

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

An alternative approach would be to drag-and-drop the new file for the dataset on the target item revision, and use the "DRAG_AND_DROP_default_dataset_type" preference to define dataset type automatically by file extension.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Just to clarify, the dialog you show is a list of Dataset types. A Dataset can contain multiple file types (file extensions) as defined by the Tool for that Dataset type. You can hide (bmide) Dataset types that your company doesn't use to shorten the list but I don't know of a way to organize the rapid option dialog.

Optionally, you can automagically add a specific Dataset when the Item Revision is created if adding the same Dataset is a common practice (see IRDC in the documentation).
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.3/help#uid:xid1256815:index_plm00071:id166856:xid...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2